- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores great header in Chile 1 – Uruguay 2 [Individual Highlights]
- Liverpool launch launch medical investigation into Sturridge crisis after NINTH career thigh injury [Echo]
- Man Utd fan channel Full Time Devils & Arsenal Fan TV preview ‘El Injury-O’ [Video]
- Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli: ‘I give myself 7 out of 10 so far, because I’m running more’ [Video]
- Lionel Messi will cost Barcelona €192 million (gross) from now until 2018 [AS]
Man United to are chasing Everton’s Barkley, PSG’s Matuidi & Roma’s Strootman [Sunday Express & Star]
Two of the tabloids, the Express and the Star, link Manchester United with midfielders on the backpages on Sunday.
The Star have the shouty headline “On Yer Barks!” on their backpage, with just a small bit of back-up information provided by hack Paul Hetherington.
Ross Barkley is wanted by Manchester United and City. The rivals hope to prise England midfield starlet Barkley, 20, from Everton with a big money offer.
Over in the Express two more midfielders are linked to Old Trafford, as John Richardson scribbled:
Manchester United boss David Moyes is preparing to start spending in January with moves for Paris Saint Germain’s Blaise Matuidi and Roma’s Dutch star Kevin Strootman.
Moyes believes both midfielders are available for the right money – Matuidi at 7 million pound and Strotman for 20 million – and is determined to strengthen the Old Trafford engine room, one that he feels doesn’t contain enough energy and invention.
The backpageso f the Sunday Express and Star are below.
- Updated: December 14, 2013