Man United to are chasing Everton’s Barkley, PSG’s Matuidi & Roma’s Strootman [Sunday Express & Star]
- December 14, 2013
Two of the tabloids, the Express and the Star, link Manchester United with midfielders on the backpages on Sunday.
The Star have the shouty headline “On Yer Barks!” on their backpage, with just a small bit of back-up information provided by hack Paul Hetherington.
Ross Barkley is wanted by Manchester United and City. The rivals hope to prise England midfield starlet Barkley, 20, from Everton with a big money offer.
Over in the Express two more midfielders are linked to Old Trafford, as John Richardson scribbled:
Manchester United boss David Moyes is preparing to start spending in January with moves for Paris Saint Germain’s Blaise Matuidi and Roma’s Dutch star Kevin Strootman.
Moyes believes both midfielders are available for the right money – Matuidi at 7 million pound and Strotman for 20 million – and is determined to strengthen the Old Trafford engine room, one that he feels doesn’t contain enough energy and invention.
The backpageso f the Sunday Express and Star are below.
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- Valencia’s president & top execs quit. Nicolas Otamendi now tipped to join R...
- Man United’s Angel Di Maria is PSG’s priority signing after FFP regulations...
- Ouch: Man United striker Javier Hernandez fractures collarbone in Mexico friendly [video]
- Man United lower their price for David De Gea to €35m, Real Madrid move close [AS]
- Man United are trying to sell Robin van Persie in secret [Mirror]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi