- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
- Fan Footage: Man United fans celebrate Radamel Falcao goal at Villa Park
- Eric Abidal won his last Olympiakos game 5-0 at Kalloni. French legend got the bumps [Video & Pictures]
Man United threaten season-ticket suspension for Man City game if fans don’t buy 2nd leg Olympiacos tickets
— lila (@welbzizdatguy) February 25, 2014
The Manchester Evening News have broken a story which is likely to wind Manchester United fans up the wrong way as the club appear to be trying to screw season ticket holders out of more money.
Mike Keegan has published an incredible a shocking letter on his Twitter page which reveals how Manchester United has posed a threat to a season ticket holder who didn’t want to go to the Champions League second leg tie against Olympiacos.
An official email from Manchester United, titled “Olympiacos FC payment deadline” has been sent out by the club, in which the following message was relayed to a fan called Lila Coombes:
The deadline to buy your seat for Olympiacos FC is Wednesday 26th February 2014 at 8pm. Please not that not buying this ticket will result in your Season Ticket being suspended for the Manchester City game.
The FCF.org have delved deeper into the issue to write the following:
“Manchester United do this via the Automatic Cup Scheme (ACS) which has a controversial history and once again finds itself in the spotlight.
“Under the T&Cs of the ACS fans purchasing a season ticket must also agree to buy tickets for any home FA Cup and Champions League games. Fans can opt out of the League Cup but this may harm applications for away tickets and cup finals.
“It appears fans have missed payments or cancelled direct debits/credit cards which means funds cannot be taken. This seems to be the club’s attempt to secure payment.”
The shocking email can be read below.
- Updated: February 26, 2014