Man United target Thiago Alcantara given 10 days to decide whether to stay at Barcelona [Sport]
- July 5, 2013
There is expected to be developments in the rumours linking Thiago Alcantara with Manchester United when David Moyes gives his first press conference today, according to widespread reports in England and Spain.
Catalan paper Sport meanwhile have splashed the Spain Under-21 midfielder on the front of their newspaper with the suggestion that Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has handed Thiago an “Ultimatum!”
Barcelona are now reportedly becoming frustrated with Thiago and have urged the midfielder to decide his future within 10 days so they can start preparing for next season and beyond.
Sport add that Tito Vilanova has been unable to guarantee Thiago the minutes he wants at the Nou Camp next season. With Xavi still a regular first team member, the Spain Under-21 midfielder has been told he will play a lot, but nothing more.
It is understood that Thiago has two offers on the table from Manchester United and Bayern Munich.
Pep Guardiola is keen to bring the playmaker to Germany whilst the intentions of David Moyes are set to be revealed on Friday when he gives his first press conference as Manchester United manager.
A fellow report in Sport today adds that Thiago, who may already have reached agreement with Manchester United, may have to buy himself out of his Barcelona contract, which could cost up to 40 million euros for tax reasons.
If speculation does run about Thiago Alcantara’s future for another 10 days, expect plenty of twists and turns in the reporting of this transfer.
The release clause in Thiago’s contract which has been activated, runs out at the end of July, so in theory, the Spain Under-21 star has longer than Sport’s suggested 10-day ultimatum to decide.
- Fiorentina v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Pedro’s mother says her son is leaving Barcelona, moving to England [Cadena Ser A...
- Back to business: Barcelona’s deadly MSN trio are reunited in training (Video)
- Barcelona president Jose Maria Bartomeu ‘does not foresee’ Pedro departure
- Barcelona fan cries hysterically as Pedro refuses to deny Man United links (Video)
- Messi returns to Barcelona training a week early along with Neymar (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi