- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Man United target Mehdi Benatia agrees terms with Bayern Munich [L'Equipe]
Manchester United look set to miss out on another major target if French newspaper L’Equipe are to be believed, and they are usually pretty accurate with their transfer information.
Reports in England over the weekend suggested Manchester United were in pole position to sign Roma defender Mehdi Benatia but the long-term injury to Javi Martinez appears to have pushed Bayern Munich into action.
L’Equipe report that Benatia’s agent, Moussa Sissoko, was in Munich on Monday where he came to a complete agreement on personal terms.
On Tuesday, Bayern made an offer of 30 million euros, but Roma are holding out for 35 million euros.
Crucially for Manchester United’s interest, Benatia has told Roma that he wants to join Bayern Munich.
As a result, Roma are preparing for the departure of Benatia and have started talks with Manchester City over signing Matija Nastasic, according to L’Equipe.
- Updated: August 20, 2014