Man United target Mehdi Benatia agrees terms with Bayern Munich [L’Equipe]
Manchester United look set to miss out on another major target if French newspaper L’Equipe are to be believed, and they are usually pretty accurate with their transfer information.
Reports in England over the weekend suggested Manchester United were in pole position to sign Roma defender Mehdi Benatia but the long-term injury to Javi Martinez appears to have pushed Bayern Munich into action.
L’Equipe report that Benatia’s agent, Moussa Sissoko, was in Munich on Monday where he came to a complete agreement on personal terms.
On Tuesday, Bayern made an offer of 30 million euros, but Roma are holding out for 35 million euros.
Crucially for Manchester United’s interest, Benatia has told Roma that he wants to join Bayern Munich.
As a result, Roma are preparing for the departure of Benatia and have started talks with Manchester City over signing Matija Nastasic, according to L’Equipe.
- Owen Hargreaves backs one of his former clubs to win the Champions League (Video)
- Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Bonkers: Robert Lewandowski scarily haunts a woman as she tries to take a selfie (Video)
- David Alaba reckons boxing has helped him become a better footballer (Video)
- ‘I meant the assist’: Juan Mata talks to BeIN Sport before Man United’...
- No Arsenal strikers make The Mail’s Manchester United-dominated Combined XI
- Sir Alex Ferguson explains why he only described four Man United players as world class...
- Owen Hargreaves thinks Man United are too reliant on Martial and Memphis (Video)