- Bayern midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger’s return from injury against Hoffenheim [Bundesliga Video]
- How’s my driving? Sergio Busquets startles Barcelona teammates Lionel Messi and Gerard Pique [Video]
- Alvaro Arbeloa says he doesn’t understand Platini’s problem and endorses Ronaldo to retain Ballon d’Or
- Flashback Friday! Niall Quinn and Kevin Philips combine to help Sunderland thump Chelsea [Video]
- Fight! River celebrate at the final whistle while Boca players clash with pitch-invading fans [Video]
Man United target Mehdi Benatia agrees terms with Bayern Munich [L'Equipe]
Manchester United look set to miss out on another major target if French newspaper L’Equipe are to be believed, and they are usually pretty accurate with their transfer information.
Reports in England over the weekend suggested Manchester United were in pole position to sign Roma defender Mehdi Benatia but the long-term injury to Javi Martinez appears to have pushed Bayern Munich into action.
L’Equipe report that Benatia’s agent, Moussa Sissoko, was in Munich on Monday where he came to a complete agreement on personal terms.
On Tuesday, Bayern made an offer of 30 million euros, but Roma are holding out for 35 million euros.
Crucially for Manchester United’s interest, Benatia has told Roma that he wants to join Bayern Munich.
As a result, Roma are preparing for the departure of Benatia and have started talks with Manchester City over signing Matija Nastasic, according to L’Equipe.
- Updated: August 20, 2014