Man United target Mehdi Benatia agrees terms with Bayern Munich [L’Equipe]
- August 20, 2014
Manchester United look set to miss out on another major target if French newspaper L’Equipe are to be believed, and they are usually pretty accurate with their transfer information.
Reports in England over the weekend suggested Manchester United were in pole position to sign Roma defender Mehdi Benatia but the long-term injury to Javi Martinez appears to have pushed Bayern Munich into action.
L’Equipe report that Benatia’s agent, Moussa Sissoko, was in Munich on Monday where he came to a complete agreement on personal terms.
On Tuesday, Bayern made an offer of 30 million euros, but Roma are holding out for 35 million euros.
Crucially for Manchester United’s interest, Benatia has told Roma that he wants to join Bayern Munich.
As a result, Roma are preparing for the departure of Benatia and have started talks with Manchester City over signing Matija Nastasic, according to L’Equipe.
- Bayern’s Mario Gotze throws first pitch at LA Dodgers-NY Mets game [Video]
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich confirm the signing of Douglas Costa
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi