Man United striker Robin Van Persie ruled out for a month; Twitter backlash follows for David Moyes
Robin Van Persie has been struggling to regain full fitness all season and Manchester United manager David Moyes today confirmed his star striker will be out for a month with a thigh strain.
The talented Dutchman made his return in last weekend’s 1-0 home defeat to Newcastle, playing the full 90 minutes.
Man United will thus go into the busy Christmas period without their star player.
Fans on Twitter voiced their displeasure at David Moyes’s managerial methods.
Robin Van Persie out for a month after aggravating thigh injury against Newcastle. Things just get better for David Moyes.
— Graham Ruthven (@grahamruthven) December 13, 2013
I like David Moyes. But his understanding of Robin van Persie's physical capacity, given the injury problems he has had, seems to be lacking
— Jonas Giæver (@CheGiaevara) December 13, 2013
It really feels like Moyes has imported his Football Manager Victor Anichebe training program over to van Persie.
— Nic English (@hififidelity) December 13, 2013
Van Persie completely mismanaged by Moyes. Played him 90 mins, did fuck all and we lost anyway. Then injured by taking a corner as a sub.
— Tatiana MUFC (@TatianaMUFC) December 13, 2013
Haha moyes, genius. Great move playing van persie for 90mins because you were scared of the reaction to subbing him hahahaha
— D.B (@brownie09lfc) December 13, 2013
Robin Van Persie out for a month because Moyes didn't have the testicular fortitude to substitute him
— Darren (@ThyKingdomScum) December 13, 2013
After rumours of overtraining , Moyes once again took a huge risk on Van Persie's fitness and it has backfired badly. Can't believe it.
— Vishwas_Mufc (@manunited4everr) December 13, 2013
Full blame has to be directed at Moyes. I said that Van Persie shouldn't have started against Newcastle-too much of a risk.
— Yahya (@Yahya_PD) December 13, 2013
Moyes, why risk van Persie when he's not fully fit, now he's out for a month. We're fucked.
Watch Live Stream
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes mocked after sharing his tactics pre Liverpool gameNovember 25, 2016
- David Moyes thinks Mourinho’s struggles put his Man United reign in contextNovember 5, 2016
- Things go from bad to worse for Sunderland and David MoyesNovember 1, 2016
- Chelsea & Man United battle to sign a top Premier League defender in January [Times]December 8, 2016
- Man United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan offers blunt assessment of the Ukrainian League (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s Phil Jones shows Zlatan how frozen the Zorya Luhansk pitch is (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s EL game at Zorya Luhansk under threat over icy conditionsDecember 7, 2016
- Robin van Persie posts lengthy statement on Instagram after nasty eye injuryNovember 7, 2016
- Robin van Persie suffered a horrific eye injury during 3-1 Fenerbahce win (Video)November 6, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016