Man United striker Javier Hernandez offered escape route by Atletico Madrid [The Guardian]
- July 30, 2014
Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez has been offered an escape route to Atletico Madrid, as reported by The Guardian.
The Mexican striker spoke after United’s penalty shoot-out victory over Inter Milan and expressed uncertainty about his future, saying: “The future, only god knows”.
Louis van Gaal had a similar tone in his voice when the question about Chicarito’s future came up: “That I cannot answer because he is a player of Manchester United at this moment.”
Hernandez joined the club in 2010 and instantly became a fans favourite but he has always, rather unfairly, struggled to nail down a starting berth during his time at the club.
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone sees the quality that a player like Hernandez possesses and praised the striker when asked about him by press: “He’s a vertical player, he’s great in one-on-one situations and he’s someone who could be useful to any team.”
When asked about the possibility of signing Hernandez, Simeone said: “We are speaking to the sporting directors about the type of player we want and then it’s up to them to bring the player in. With Javier Hernández and lots of other great players, anything is possible. We can’t close any door until the transfer window shuts.”
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]