- Venezuelan Emilio Renteria suffers racist abuse in Chile, halts match & may quit the league
- Borussia Dortmund’s players thanked their fans for their efforts after Arsenal defeat [Pictures]
- Chelsea U21 star Charly Musonda shows his keepy-uppy skills with a sock ball [Instagram]
- Eriksen & Pochettino: Partizan match is a “must win” for Spurs [video]
- Mundo Deportivo list 10 reasons why Barcelona star Leo Messi should win Ballon d’Or
Man United starlet Adnan Januzaj wants to play for England, according to the Daily Mail
Remember the big story before the international break really kicked in?
Adnan Januzaj is on the back page of the Daily Mail again on Thursday with a quite surprising claim from Neil Ashton.
Apparently, the Manchester United starlet wants to play for England, if he is unable to appear for Kosovo, who currently are not recognised by FIFA.
This follows yesterdays suggestions that Belgium had lost ground in the race to win Januzaj’s international affections due to outspoken boss Marc Wilmots.
Neil Ashton writes: “the Football Association have already been given a strong indication that the 18-year-old, who is eligible to represent four other countries, would prefer England.”
Ashton adds: “The key for the FA is how long Januzaj would have to wait for international clearance, because after two years in England – he joined United at 16 – he has another three years before he would be considered eligible by FIFA to represent his adopted country.”
- Updated: October 17, 2013