Man United SIGN William Carvalho from Sporting for £37m, midfielder to arrive before the World Cup [People]
After months and months and months of tracking the midfielder and sending scouts to Sporting Lisbon matches, the People announce on Sunday that Manchester United have SIGNED William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon for £37m.
The article, written by Steve Bates, states the following:
William Carvalho is set to become Manchester United’s first big summer signing.
The Sporting Lisbon defensive midfielder’s agent was given a tour of the club’s Carrington training ground last week and Portuguese international Carvalho will sign for United for £37million before the World Cup finals in Brazil.
United boss David Moyes is also confident he can land Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos, who is keen to move to Old Trafford even though United will miss out on Champions League football next season.
The Angolan-born 21-year-old has a £37m release clause in his contract which United are prepared to trigger before the World Cup begins on June 12.
The news comes the morning after Sporting cemented their position in second place in the Portuguese top flight after beating Martimo 3-1 on the road. Moreover, William Carvalho scored the second goal of the game for Sporting in the win.
Whilst we wait for confirmation of the deal to be ratified from sources more credible that the People, it’s worth paying note to Carvalho’s current ownership structure in Lisbon.
The youngster has complicated ownership structure as Sporting only own 60% of Carvalho, while another company, BES, own 40%. Moreover, Carvalho is under contract at Sporting until 2018, and has a massive €45m buyout clause.
Watch William Carvalho’s goal for Sporting on Saturday at Martimo below.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United & Man City are at ‘war’ over a German World Cup winner [El Chiringuito]September 29, 2016
- ‘I need to protect him’: Jose Mourinho explains why Wayne Rooney may not start v Zorya (Video)September 28, 2016
- Wayne Rooney could sit out Europa League game and Sunday’s clash with Stoke [Sky Sports]September 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho ‘feels sorry’ for Sam Allardyce after his dream job ended in disaster (Video)September 28, 2016
- Man United battle Real Madrid for a Portuguese winger [Record]September 27, 2016
- Sporting Club president wants Cristiano Ronaldo to retire at his boyhood club [Quotes]September 12, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he’s still a Sporting CP member [Record]September 11, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell scores for Sporting CP (Video)September 10, 2016