Man United SIGN William Carvalho from Sporting for £37m, midfielder to arrive before the World Cup [People]
After months and months and months of tracking the midfielder and sending scouts to Sporting Lisbon matches, the People announce on Sunday that Manchester United have SIGNED William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon for £37m.
The article, written by Steve Bates, states the following:
William Carvalho is set to become Manchester United’s first big summer signing.
The Sporting Lisbon defensive midfielder’s agent was given a tour of the club’s Carrington training ground last week and Portuguese international Carvalho will sign for United for £37million before the World Cup finals in Brazil.
United boss David Moyes is also confident he can land Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos, who is keen to move to Old Trafford even though United will miss out on Champions League football next season.
The Angolan-born 21-year-old has a £37m release clause in his contract which United are prepared to trigger before the World Cup begins on June 12.
The news comes the morning after Sporting cemented their position in second place in the Portuguese top flight after beating Martimo 3-1 on the road. Moreover, William Carvalho scored the second goal of the game for Sporting in the win.
Whilst we wait for confirmation of the deal to be ratified from sources more credible that the People, it’s worth paying note to Carvalho’s current ownership structure in Lisbon.
The youngster has complicated ownership structure as Sporting only own 60% of Carvalho, while another company, BES, own 40%. Moreover, Carvalho is under contract at Sporting until 2018, and has a massive €45m buyout clause.
Watch William Carvalho’s goal for Sporting on Saturday at Martimo below.
Watch Live Stream
- Paul Pogba’s awesome response to a Man United fan on TwitterAugust 27, 2016
- Man United tipped to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale in a BS article in the Sunday StarAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirms Marouane Fellaini has a ‘bad’ back injury (Video)August 27, 2016
- Leicester beat West Brom to sign Islam Slimani [AS]August 27, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell joins Sporting CP on loanAugust 21, 2016
- Man City plot the signing of a Portuguese Euro 2016 winner [Times]August 14, 2016
- Pep Guardiola targets Portugal Euro 2016 hero Rui Patricio to replace Joe Hart [Daily Record]August 13, 2016