- Jorge Mendes: ‘Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest ever, there’s such a gulf between him and 2nd best’ [Globo]
- Harry Redknapp post-Arsenal: ‘It was a clear penalty from Gibbs on Bobby Zamora’ [Video]
- Sami Khedira is hoping to reach an agreement for a new contract at Real Madrid
- Arsenal fan lays into Olivier Giroud for ‘brainless’ sending off v QPR [Video]
- Neymar: I don’t know if I’ll ever be as good as Ronaldo or Messi [Globo]
Man United set to offer second €30m bid for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas [AS]
The noise surrounding Cesc Fabregas’ potential move to Manchester United continues to grow.
AS, the Spanish newspaper that originally broke Manchester United’s interest in the former Arsenal captain, claim on Thursday morning that a second bid is on the way from the Premier League champions.
Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward left the tour of Australia yesterday and AS suggest that he is off to the Nou Camp to discuss the transfer of Fabregas.
Barcelona have so far dismissed suggestions of having even received an original bid for Fabregas but the second bid is understood to be worth 30 million euros.
The Catalan giants paid 40 million euros to Arsenal for Fabregas two seasons ago and may still be looking for more cash for the midfielder.
Yet, there continue to be suggestions, that after signing Neymar, Barcelona need to sell off players to fund the contracts of the Brazilian as well as Lionel Messi.
Finally, AS say David Moyes is desperate to sign Fabregas as his first major signing and the Spaniard is open to a move if Barcelona want to sell.
- Updated: July 18, 2013