Man United set to offer second €30m bid for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas [AS]
- July 18, 2013
The noise surrounding Cesc Fabregas’ potential move to Manchester United continues to grow.
AS, the Spanish newspaper that originally broke Manchester United’s interest in the former Arsenal captain, claim on Thursday morning that a second bid is on the way from the Premier League champions.
Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward left the tour of Australia yesterday and AS suggest that he is off to the Nou Camp to discuss the transfer of Fabregas.
Barcelona have so far dismissed suggestions of having even received an original bid for Fabregas but the second bid is understood to be worth 30 million euros.
The Catalan giants paid 40 million euros to Arsenal for Fabregas two seasons ago and may still be looking for more cash for the midfielder.
Yet, there continue to be suggestions, that after signing Neymar, Barcelona need to sell off players to fund the contracts of the Brazilian as well as Lionel Messi.
Finally, AS say David Moyes is desperate to sign Fabregas as his first major signing and the Spaniard is open to a move if Barcelona want to sell.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi