Man United set to bolster defence with £40m duo Vermaelen and Benatia [Express]
- August 7, 2014
Manchester United are set to bolster their defence by making a £40 million double swoop for Thomas Vermaelen and Mehdi Benatia, according to the Express.
It is known that United are in advanced talks with Arsenal about recruiting Vermaelen but the additional signing of Roma defender Benatia would be a major coup.
Benatia has garnered the attention of both Chelsea and Manchester City but Louis van Gaal is said to be confident of bring the ball-playing defender to Old Trafford, costing around £30m.
The fee for Vermaelen would be around £10m; although it’s understood that the Belgian would like a move to United, Wenger would rather sell abroad and may be willing to accept a lower price from Barcelona.
- Lukas Podolski appears on Galatasaray TV as move from Arsenal draws near [video]
- David Seaman hails Arsenal’s capture of Petr Cech from Chelsea on Talksport [Audio]
- Former Arsenal man Gervinho demanded a helicopter & a private beach to join Al Jaz...
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- Arsenal Fan TV laud the ‘massive’ signing of Petr Cech from Chelsea [Video]
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi