Man United set to bolster defence with £40m duo Vermaelen and Benatia [Express]
- August 7, 2014
Manchester United are set to bolster their defence by making a £40 million double swoop for Thomas Vermaelen and Mehdi Benatia, according to the Express.
It is known that United are in advanced talks with Arsenal about recruiting Vermaelen but the additional signing of Roma defender Benatia would be a major coup.
Benatia has garnered the attention of both Chelsea and Manchester City but Louis van Gaal is said to be confident of bring the ball-playing defender to Old Trafford, costing around £30m.
The fee for Vermaelen would be around £10m; although it’s understood that the Belgian would like a move to United, Wenger would rather sell abroad and may be willing to accept a lower price from Barcelona.
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win Community Shield (Official Highlights)
- Watch Petr Cech’s individual highlights for Arsenal v Chelsea in the Community Sh...
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi