- Man United striker Robin Van Persie funny post on Instagram after 0-0 draw at Spurs
- Isco scores beautiful solo golazo in Real Madrid training; Fans chant his name [Video]
- Alexis Sanchez opens up about life in London – “I’m happy at Arsenal” [Latercera]
- Lukas Podolski posts celebratory team photo on the Arsenal bus after West Ham win [Instagram]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger very pleased in post match interview after 2-1 win at West Ham
Man United set to beat Chelsea to signing of £27m Luke Shaw from Southampton [People]
With a “war chest” believed to be around 200 million pounds, don’t be surprised were Manchester United to “hijack” a host of big money moves this summer.
And, with Luke Shaw having been so impressive in 2013/2014 and set for a place in England’s World Cup squad, it would be no surprise to see the young left back leave Southampton.
The Sunday People report this morning that Shaw looks set for Manchester United, despite the fact he had seemed likely to join Chelsea at the end of the season.
Dean Jones writes: “Southampton full-back Shaw is set to join Manchester United in a £27million deal. Mourinho believed he was was in pole position to land 18-year-old Chelsea fan Shaw. But speculation is mounting that United have put in place a big-money deal to sign Shaw at the end of the season.
Jones continues in the Sunday tabloid: “Sources close to the teenager say he could be now heading for United on wages of £85,000-a-week. That will be a blow for Chelsea, who thought Shaw would join them as the natural long-term successor to Ashley Cole.”
Manchester City are also understood to be keen on signing Shaw – which suggests a three-horse race from three of England’s biggest clubs for the 18-year-old.
- Updated: March 30, 2014