Man United sent scouts to watch Sporting’s €45m-rated William Carvalho this weekend [Sport Witness]
Just because the transfer window is shut, doesn’t mean transfer talk stops.
The good people at Sport Witness have today reported that Manchester United’s attempts to bolster their midfield continued at the weekend as, not for the first time, the Red Devils sent scouts to watch Sporting Lisbon’s highly-rated midfielder William Carvalho.
For the record, Sporting drew 0-0 with Académica, while William Carvalho was booked two minutes into stoppage time meaning the midfielder picked up a suspension ahead of next weekend’s derby away to Benfica.
Sport Witness report:
In a weekend that was quiet for reported scouting trips, being immediately after the close of the window, Manchester United again visited the Alvalade for William Carvalho. The strong and energetic central midfielder, he’s not limited to defensive or attacking, has a buyout clause of €45m but clubs could get him for cheaper in reality.
21-year-old Carvalho is one of the hottest stars in Portugal, and the new Patrick Vieira has completed a fantastic first half of the season for the current second-placed team in the Portuguese top flight.
Whether Man United can land William Carvalho remains questionable however because of the youngster’s complicated ownership structure. Sporting only own 60% of Carvalho, while another company, BES, own 40%.
While United would have to overcome the obstacles of Carvalho’s ownership, then there is also the fee involved in the transfer. Carvalho is under contract at Sporting until 2018, and has a massive €45m buyout clause.
Video evidence of William Carvalho can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Wayne Rooney could sit out Europa League game and Sunday’s clash with Stoke [Sky Sports]September 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho ‘feels sorry’ for Sam Allardyce after his dream job ended in disaster (Video)September 28, 2016
- Jesse Lingard plays down impact of Wayne Rooney’s absence (Video)September 28, 2016
- Man United v Zorya: UEFA Europa League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 28, 2016
- Man United battle Real Madrid for a Portuguese winger [Record]September 27, 2016
- Sporting Club president wants Cristiano Ronaldo to retire at his boyhood club [Quotes]September 12, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he’s still a Sporting CP member [Record]September 11, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell scores for Sporting CP (Video)September 10, 2016