Man United scouts watch Ander Herrera again, AS tips Moyes to bid for midfielder in January
- January 13, 2014
Here we go again…
Spanish newspaper AS report today that Manchester United are still interested in Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera.
On the final day of the summer transfer window, rumours were swirling that United were closing in on Herrera but failed to finally tie up the deal in a farcical finish.
According to AS, Herrera’s current release clause stands at 36 million euros and will increase to 41 million euros on July 1, 2014.
Manchester United sent three scouts to watch Herrera on Saturday, including chief scout Robbie Cooke who last week was said to be watching Diego Costa.
Herrera played very well for Athletic Bilbao on Saturday as they ran out 6-1 winners over Almeria, with the midfielder bagging a goal and an assist.
All reports from Spain however suggest Herrera will reject the advances of Manchester United in January with Athletic Bilbao firmly in the race for a Champions League spot in La Liga.
AS also claim that Manchester United may also be tracking Aymeric Laporte, Ander Iturraspe and Iker Muniain.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Barcelona star Leo Messi produced an incredible dribble against Athletic Bilbao (Video)
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi has poor penalty saved by Athletic Bilbao keeper (Official ...
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream
- Barcelona 1 – Athletic Bilbao 1: Lionel Messi’s goal not enough as Bilbao w...
- Barcelona man Gerard Pique sent off v Bilbao for insulting linesman’s mother (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...