Man United scouts watch Ander Herrera again, AS tips Moyes to bid for midfielder in January
- January 13, 2014
Here we go again…
Spanish newspaper AS report today that Manchester United are still interested in Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera.
On the final day of the summer transfer window, rumours were swirling that United were closing in on Herrera but failed to finally tie up the deal in a farcical finish.
According to AS, Herrera’s current release clause stands at 36 million euros and will increase to 41 million euros on July 1, 2014.
Manchester United sent three scouts to watch Herrera on Saturday, including chief scout Robbie Cooke who last week was said to be watching Diego Costa.
Herrera played very well for Athletic Bilbao on Saturday as they ran out 6-1 winners over Almeria, with the midfielder bagging a goal and an assist.
All reports from Spain however suggest Herrera will reject the advances of Manchester United in January with Athletic Bilbao firmly in the race for a Champions League spot in La Liga.
AS also claim that Manchester United may also be tracking Aymeric Laporte, Ander Iturraspe and Iker Muniain.
- Arrogant Neymar was wrong to try a rainbow flick against Athletic Bilbao [Opinion]
- Athletic Bilbao want to sign Arsenal’s Nacho Monreal for €8m [Mundo Deportivo]
- Leo Messi bags a brace as Barcelona beat Athletic Bilbao to win the Copa del Rey [Highl...
- The best Tweets as Lionel Messi scores wonder solo goal v Athletic Bilbao
- Dani Alves ridiculed for new ridiculous looking haircut pre Bilbao-Barcelona
- Southampton’s Matt Le Tissier awarded One Club Man Award by Athletic Bilbao [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi