- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘Manchester United are very much in the title race’ [Video]
- Intercom message interrupts Van Gaal’s presser asking for a masseur, he thinks it’s a prank [Video]
Man United scouts watch Ander Herrera again, AS tips Moyes to bid for midfielder in January
Here we go again…
Spanish newspaper AS report today that Manchester United are still interested in Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera.
On the final day of the summer transfer window, rumours were swirling that United were closing in on Herrera but failed to finally tie up the deal in a farcical finish.
According to AS, Herrera’s current release clause stands at 36 million euros and will increase to 41 million euros on July 1, 2014.
Manchester United sent three scouts to watch Herrera on Saturday, including chief scout Robbie Cooke who last week was said to be watching Diego Costa.
Herrera played very well for Athletic Bilbao on Saturday as they ran out 6-1 winners over Almeria, with the midfielder bagging a goal and an assist.
All reports from Spain however suggest Herrera will reject the advances of Manchester United in January with Athletic Bilbao firmly in the race for a Champions League spot in La Liga.
AS also claim that Manchester United may also be tracking Aymeric Laporte, Ander Iturraspe and Iker Muniain.
- Updated: January 13, 2014