Man United playmaker Shinji Kagawa scored a classy goal for Japan v Costa Rica [GIF & video]
- June 3, 2014
Will the World Cup be the time Shinji Kagawa emerges after two disappointing seasons at Manchester United.
The Japanese attacker has not lived up to his potential at Old Trafford since joining from Borussia Dortmund – perhaps due to the fact Kagawa has often been played on the left wing.
If Kagawa was to impress in Brazil, there would likely be calls for Louis van Gaal to start the Japanese playmaker next season or to offload him this summer.
In the early hours of Tuesday morning, Kagawa scored a typically classy goal for Japan in a pre-World Cup warm-up match in Florida against Costa Rica.
With 10 minutes remaining Kagawa played a lovely give-and-go with Yoichiro Kakitani before the Manchester United man slotted home past Costa Rica keeper Keylor Navas.
- Hilarious keeper blunder in Japan leads to ridiculous Kashiwa Reysol own goal (Video)
- Ex Celtic star Shunsuke Nakamura incredible 94th minute free kick golazo equaliser in J...
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- Gaku Shibasaki’s Japan teammate really didn’t want to steal his goal versus...
- Toshihiro Aoyama nets first ever Japan goal with incredible 35 yard golazo v Uzbekistan...
- Keisuke Honda scores and assists for Japan in 2-0 win over Tunisia [Highlights]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi