Man United open talks with Sporting Lisbon over signing William Carvalho for £30m [Sun & Mail]
Manchester United have been scouting Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho extensively in recent months and it looks like David Moyes is making his move.
The big transfer rumour of the day is featured on the back page of The Sun this morning, and you feel it would be a big surprise were Manchester United not to land their man.
Manchester United have opened talks with Sporting Lisbon for the 21-year-old and undoubtedly have the resources to secure the highly-rated defensive midfielder.
Chelsea and Real Madrid have also been interested in Carvalho but probably have less of an urgent need to sign a quality up=and-coming defensive midfielder.
The Daily Mail add on Manchester United’s move for Carvalho: “The Portuguese club value the Angola-born player at €35million (£29m) but United feel he is worth around £4m less.”
They go on to add: “But with the Premier League champions wanting to conduct most of their transfer business before this summer’s World Cup, they may have to offer more than their valuation.”
Video evidence of William Carvalho can be seen below. After today’s Sun back page.
Watch Live Stream
- Paul Pogba’s awesome response to a Man United fan on TwitterAugust 27, 2016
- Man United tipped to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale in a BS article in the Sunday StarAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirms Marouane Fellaini has a ‘bad’ back injury (Video)August 27, 2016
- Leicester beat West Brom to sign Islam Slimani [AS]August 27, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell joins Sporting CP on loanAugust 21, 2016
- Man City plot the signing of a Portuguese Euro 2016 winner [Times]August 14, 2016
- Pep Guardiola targets Portugal Euro 2016 hero Rui Patricio to replace Joe Hart [Daily Record]August 13, 2016