Man United open £50m contract talks with Wayne Rooney [Mail on Sunday]
Although Wayne Rooney’s Manchester United contract currently expires in 2015, all indications are that the Old Trafford giants want to tied down their number 10 as soon as possible.
In that vain, the Mail on Sunday have a headline on the front page of their sports section which will please many United fans.
The headline of the piece reads “United set to open £50m Rooney contract talks”, while the meat of the story read as follows:
Manchester United are confident Wayne Rooney is ready to begin discussion on a new four year contract worth a staggering £50 million – as David Moyes prepares to wield the axe in a bid to ignite their Premier League season.
United chief executive Ed Woodward has contacted Rooney’s agent Paul Stretford a number of times in the past few weeks and it is understood formal meetings will take place soon.
A copy of the splash of the Mail on Sunday’s sport page is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United fans outraged as Henrikh Mkhitaryan not even in squad for Man City game [Tweets]October 26, 2016
- “Extremely sorry” Jose Mourinho apologises to Man United fans in match-day programmeOctober 26, 2016
- Manchester United v Manchester City [Team Sheets]October 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho and his hot mic problems (Video)October 26, 2016
- Serie A giants linked with a move for Man United captain Wayne Rooney [CM]October 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho has told Wayne Rooney’s agent he’ll have to leave for regular football (Video)October 25, 2016
- Rumours of a Rooney-Rashford Man United bust up emerge in The SunOctober 25, 2016
- Subdued Birthday wishes for Wayne Rooney after Manchester United’s 4-0 thrashing at ChelseaOctober 24, 2016