Man United open £50m contract talks with Wayne Rooney [Mail on Sunday]
- December 14, 2013
Although Wayne Rooney’s Manchester United contract currently expires in 2015, all indications are that the Old Trafford giants want to tied down their number 10 as soon as possible.
In that vain, the Mail on Sunday have a headline on the front page of their sports section which will please many United fans.
The headline of the piece reads “United set to open £50m Rooney contract talks”, while the meat of the story read as follows:
Manchester United are confident Wayne Rooney is ready to begin discussion on a new four year contract worth a staggering £50 million – as David Moyes prepares to wield the axe in a bid to ignite their Premier League season.
United chief executive Ed Woodward has contacted Rooney’s agent Paul Stretford a number of times in the past few weeks and it is understood formal meetings will take place soon.
A copy of the splash of the Mail on Sunday’s sport page is below.
- Didier Drogba speaks to Rio Ferdinand about two very different Champions League finals ...
- Memphis Depay trains with his Manchester United teammates for the first time [Pictures]
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Leaked: Manchester United’s new 2015/16 Adidas home kit [Pictures]
- Fenerbahce’s new £4.25m star – All of Nani’s goals at Sporting CP in ...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi