Man United open £50m contract talks with Wayne Rooney [Mail on Sunday]
- December 14, 2013
Although Wayne Rooney’s Manchester United contract currently expires in 2015, all indications are that the Old Trafford giants want to tied down their number 10 as soon as possible.
In that vain, the Mail on Sunday have a headline on the front page of their sports section which will please many United fans.
The headline of the piece reads “United set to open £50m Rooney contract talks”, while the meat of the story read as follows:
Manchester United are confident Wayne Rooney is ready to begin discussion on a new four year contract worth a staggering £50 million – as David Moyes prepares to wield the axe in a bid to ignite their Premier League season.
United chief executive Ed Woodward has contacted Rooney’s agent Paul Stretford a number of times in the past few weeks and it is understood formal meetings will take place soon.
A copy of the splash of the Mail on Sunday’s sport page is below.
- Jamie Carragher: Anthony Martial must have great potential for that price (Video)
- Anthony Martial talks price tags, Euro 2016 and Rooney not knowing who he was (Quotes)
- Juan Mata backs Man United teammate David De Gea to focus on Spain duty (Video)
- David De Gea spotted in talks with Sergio Ramos as rumours of new Man United deal inten...
- Lyon star Nabil Fekir admits he dreams of playing for Man United [Europe 1]
- Man United keeper David De Gea claims LvG binned his Real Madrid contract (Spoof Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...