Man United offered €150m for Gareth Bale; former Spurs star only wanted Real Madrid [L’Equipe]
- September 14, 2013
On the day Gareth Bale makes his debut for Real Madrid, in La Liga, against Villarreal, reliable French newspaper L’Equipe have come out with a sensational claim.
Manchester United made a 150 million euro offer for Gareth Bale during the recent summer transfer window.
On Friday, during the pre-Villarreal press conference, Carlo Ancelotti confirmed that Tottenham had received a higher bid than Real Madrid’s “but the decision of the player made the difference.”
L’Equipe say it was Manchester United that offered Spurs 150 million euros and it does tally with the suggestions over the summer that Tottenham had received another mega bid and that Ryan Giggs had personally called Bale to convince him to come to Old Trafford.
Marca meanwhile suggest another major European club also bid for Bale this summer but PSG’s offer was rejected by the Welsh forward despite the fact the Ligue 1 champions offered a higher salary than the one on offer at the Bernabeu.
Does anyone believe this rumour? Or is it simply yet more paper talk to make Real Madrid look good?
- James Rodriguez & Gareth Bale both score in 2-0 Real Madrid win over Spurs (Highli...
- Gareth Bale scores solo wonder goal from distance against former club Spurs (Video)
- Man United made two £100m bids for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale this summer [Sun]
- Man United are still chasing Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Express]
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- BT Sport try to convince Bale and The Ox to change squad numbers in new UCL advert (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi