- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
Man United offered €150m for Gareth Bale; former Spurs star only wanted Real Madrid [L’Equipe]
- September 14, 2013
On the day Gareth Bale makes his debut for Real Madrid, in La Liga, against Villarreal, reliable French newspaper L’Equipe have come out with a sensational claim.
Manchester United made a 150 million euro offer for Gareth Bale during the recent summer transfer window.
On Friday, during the pre-Villarreal press conference, Carlo Ancelotti confirmed that Tottenham had received a higher bid than Real Madrid’s “but the decision of the player made the difference.”
L’Equipe say it was Manchester United that offered Spurs 150 million euros and it does tally with the suggestions over the summer that Tottenham had received another mega bid and that Ryan Giggs had personally called Bale to convince him to come to Old Trafford.
Marca meanwhile suggest another major European club also bid for Bale this summer but PSG’s offer was rejected by the Welsh forward despite the fact the Ligue 1 champions offered a higher salary than the one on offer at the Bernabeu.
Does anyone believe this rumour? Or is it simply yet more paper talk to make Real Madrid look good?