Man United offered €150m for Gareth Bale; former Spurs star only wanted Real Madrid [L’Equipe]
On the day Gareth Bale makes his debut for Real Madrid, in La Liga, against Villarreal, reliable French newspaper L’Equipe have come out with a sensational claim.
Manchester United made a 150 million euro offer for Gareth Bale during the recent summer transfer window.
On Friday, during the pre-Villarreal press conference, Carlo Ancelotti confirmed that Tottenham had received a higher bid than Real Madrid’s “but the decision of the player made the difference.”
L’Equipe say it was Manchester United that offered Spurs 150 million euros and it does tally with the suggestions over the summer that Tottenham had received another mega bid and that Ryan Giggs had personally called Bale to convince him to come to Old Trafford.
Marca meanwhile suggest another major European club also bid for Bale this summer but PSG’s offer was rejected by the Welsh forward despite the fact the Ligue 1 champions offered a higher salary than the one on offer at the Bernabeu.
Does anyone believe this rumour? Or is it simply yet more paper talk to make Real Madrid look good?
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil are envious of Man United’s stars (BBC Audio)December 7, 2016
- Liverpool fans will love Dirk Kuyt’s story about the stick he took from Manchester United fans (Video)December 6, 2016
- Everton had talks with Man United on Sunday about signing duo [Squawka]December 6, 2016
- Marouane Fellaini was afraid of LVG, holds grudge against David Luiz (Video)December 6, 2016
- Barcelona’s Arda Turan takes a sly dig at Real Madrid (Video)December 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo helps a fan who got in trouble with security (Video)December 7, 2016
- Pepe and Fabio Coentrao sold their image rights for €1 to company in PanamaDecember 6, 2016
- Too far? Jordi Alba faces backlash for trolling Mateo Kovacic during El ClasicoDecember 6, 2016