- Beast! Julio Baptista scores a belter from a cleared Cafu cross in charity game [Video]
- Claude reacts to Arsenal win: My blood pressure pills were coming out again [Video]
- Santa beard! Neymar scores classy goal in charity match before celebrating like a cockroach [Video]
- Louis van Gaal handed presents out to the crowd before Man United played Newcastle [Pictures]
- Arsenal fan praises Tomas Rosicky and calls Alexis Sanchez ‘unreal’ [Video]
Man United offered €150m for Gareth Bale; former Spurs star only wanted Real Madrid [L'Equipe]
On the day Gareth Bale makes his debut for Real Madrid, in La Liga, against Villarreal, reliable French newspaper L’Equipe have come out with a sensational claim.
Manchester United made a 150 million euro offer for Gareth Bale during the recent summer transfer window.
On Friday, during the pre-Villarreal press conference, Carlo Ancelotti confirmed that Tottenham had received a higher bid than Real Madrid’s “but the decision of the player made the difference.”
L’Equipe say it was Manchester United that offered Spurs 150 million euros and it does tally with the suggestions over the summer that Tottenham had received another mega bid and that Ryan Giggs had personally called Bale to convince him to come to Old Trafford.
Marca meanwhile suggest another major European club also bid for Bale this summer but PSG’s offer was rejected by the Welsh forward despite the fact the Ligue 1 champions offered a higher salary than the one on offer at the Bernabeu.
Does anyone believe this rumour? Or is it simply yet more paper talk to make Real Madrid look good?
- Updated: September 14, 2013