Man United offer Thiago Alcantara €4.4m per season, official offer to Barcelona this week [Sport]
- June 22, 2013
Reports late last week that Manchester United had secured the signing of Thiago Alcantara were a little premature but the Premier League champions bid for the Spain Under-21 star is moving swiftly.
Catalan paper Sport report on Saturday that Manchester United have convinced Thiago to join thanks to an annual wage of 4.4 million euros a season.
This will put Thiago in between the second and third bracket of top earners at Old Trafford and is significantly more than the midfielder currently earns at Barcelona.
Manchester United will officially contact Barcelona this week and are prepared to pay just under 22 million euros for one of the hottest prospects in world football.
Due to a clause in his contract, Thiago Alcantara can leave Barcelona for 18 million euros, the Catalans look set to demand VAT on the move, bringing it up to 21.78 million euros.
Sport add that Manchester United will conduct all transfer negotiations above board to ensure the club is still held in high regard across the globe.
Manchester United were willing to bid 45 million euros for Cesc Fabregas but with the former Arsenal midfielder ruling out a move, Thiago is an excellent alternative being younger and arguably a better fit for David Moyes’ new look side.
Finally, Sport suggest that David Moyes does not see Thiago as a first choice starter next August but he will slowly emerge as the successor to Paul Scholes.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...