Man United need to fork out £40m to Borussia Dortmund for midfielder Marco Reus [Daily Mail]
What a load of bullshit!
The Daily Mail have trotted out a never-gonna-happen transfer story on Boxing Day which the pseudo-tabloid have in fact previously rubbished.
Giving the impression of being hit-whores, the Mail fart the eye-grabbing headline “£40m and Reus is yours! United boss Moyes told to break the bank if he wants to sign Dortmund ace Marco in January.”
At this point it’s worth remembering a similar story published by the Mail less than two week ago.
Back then John Edwards reported that Marco Reus could be bought from Borussia for (just) £30m because “cracks [have] started opening up in Jurgen Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund empire.” The hack did however have the sense to write at that time “there seems little prospect of a move being sanctioned in the January window, but United will be heartened by a growing feeling the attacking midfielder may consider heading to Old Trafford in the summer, unless Dortmund are back on Bayern’s coattails again. for re”
Fast forward to today, and not only have United’s chances of landing Reus miraculously improved, apparently, but the German international has seen his price tag jump up by a significant £10m for reasons unknown.
According to David Kent:
Manchester United have been warned that David Moyes’s main transfer target Marco Reus will cost up to £40million. Midfielder Reus had a £29.4m buy-out clause in his contract at Borussia Dortmund.
Conveniently, the Mail fail to note that while 24-year-old Reus does indeed have a release clause in his contract, that clause only comes into effect in 2015.
Morevover, with Reus contracted to the Champions League runners-up until 2017, and with BVB keen to extend that deal with a significant pay rise in return for scrapping the release clause, all common sense points to the German =midfielder staying put for the time being.
Watch Live Stream
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was at Real Madrid UCL win amidst Dortmund exit reports [Picture]May 29th, 2016
- Christian Pulisic becomes youngest ever USA scorer v Bolivia (Video)May 29th, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan scored an insanely good goal for Armenia v Guatemala (Videos)May 29th, 2016
- Arsenal or Man United? Gabon coach confirms Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang exitMay 28th, 2016
- Juan Mata has an exit route from Jose Mourinho’s Man United: Barcelona [Mundo Deportivo]May 30th, 2016
- Jose Mourinho wants Rio Ferdinand on his Manchester United coaching staff [Mirror]May 29th, 2016
- Amazing footage of Man United legend Rio Ferdinand watching Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty (Vi...May 29th, 2016
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin posts positive message after leaving France Euro 2016 squadMay 29th, 2016
- Liverpool MOTM Mamadou Sakho got Marco Reus’s Dortmund shirt after 1-1 draw [Picture]April 8th, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus photographed in Liverpool shirt aged 11 [Picture]April 8th, 2016
- Marco Reus admits to laughing after Borussia Dortmund drew Jurgen Klopp’s LiverpoolMarch 30th, 2016
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang stars in a new music video titled ‘Aubameyang’, Marco Reus ...March 26th, 2016