Man United need to fork out £40m to Borussia Dortmund for midfielder Marco Reus [Daily Mail]
What a load of bullshit!
The Daily Mail have trotted out a never-gonna-happen transfer story on Boxing Day which the pseudo-tabloid have in fact previously rubbished.
Giving the impression of being hit-whores, the Mail fart the eye-grabbing headline “£40m and Reus is yours! United boss Moyes told to break the bank if he wants to sign Dortmund ace Marco in January.”
At this point it’s worth remembering a similar story published by the Mail less than two week ago.
Back then John Edwards reported that Marco Reus could be bought from Borussia for (just) £30m because “cracks [have] started opening up in Jurgen Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund empire.” The hack did however have the sense to write at that time “there seems little prospect of a move being sanctioned in the January window, but United will be heartened by a growing feeling the attacking midfielder may consider heading to Old Trafford in the summer, unless Dortmund are back on Bayern’s coattails again. for re”
Fast forward to today, and not only have United’s chances of landing Reus miraculously improved, apparently, but the German international has seen his price tag jump up by a significant £10m for reasons unknown.
According to David Kent:
Manchester United have been warned that David Moyes’s main transfer target Marco Reus will cost up to £40million. Midfielder Reus had a £29.4m buy-out clause in his contract at Borussia Dortmund.
Conveniently, the Mail fail to note that while 24-year-old Reus does indeed have a release clause in his contract, that clause only comes into effect in 2015.
Morevover, with Reus contracted to the Champions League runners-up until 2017, and with BVB keen to extend that deal with a significant pay rise in return for scrapping the release clause, all common sense points to the German =midfielder staying put for the time being.
Watch Live Stream
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang thanks Cristiano Ronaldo for match shirt [Instagram]September 28, 2016
- Dortmund starlet Emre Mor thanks Cristiano Ronaldo on Instagram after UCL clashSeptember 28, 2016
- Real Madrid stars spotted discussing Keylor Navas’ error at half time of Dortmund match (video)September 28, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo accused of kicking out at Marcel Schmelzer [Tweets]September 28, 2016
- The Manchester giants are going to ‘go to war’ to sign Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos [MD]September 30, 2016
- Paul Scholes is ‘certain’ that Wayne Rooney will come back for Man United’s biggest games (Video)September 30, 2016
- Jose Mourinho was furious with one of his assistants over instructions given to Paul PogbaSeptember 30, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic admits he expects more from his Man United teammates (Video)September 30, 2016
- Arsenal’s summer 2016 #madness revealed by Twitter user @AFCAMDENSeptember 15, 2016
- FIFA 17 creators got Marco Reus to show off new gameplay at GamesCOM (Video)August 22, 2016
- Shinji Kagawa on how he helped Marco Reus feature on the global cover of FIFA 17 (Video)July 23, 2016
- Confirmed: Marco Reus beats Man United & Chelsea stars to front cover of FIFA 17July 21, 2016