Man United need to fork out £40m to Borussia Dortmund for midfielder Marco Reus [Daily Mail]
- December 26, 2013
What a load of bullshit!
The Daily Mail have trotted out a never-gonna-happen transfer story on Boxing Day which the pseudo-tabloid have in fact previously rubbished.
Giving the impression of being hit-whores, the Mail fart the eye-grabbing headline “£40m and Reus is yours! United boss Moyes told to break the bank if he wants to sign Dortmund ace Marco in January.”
At this point it’s worth remembering a similar story published by the Mail less than two week ago.
Back then John Edwards reported that Marco Reus could be bought from Borussia for (just) £30m because “cracks [have] started opening up in Jurgen Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund empire.” The hack did however have the sense to write at that time “there seems little prospect of a move being sanctioned in the January window, but United will be heartened by a growing feeling the attacking midfielder may consider heading to Old Trafford in the summer, unless Dortmund are back on Bayern’s coattails again. for re”
Fast forward to today, and not only have United’s chances of landing Reus miraculously improved, apparently, but the German international has seen his price tag jump up by a significant £10m for reasons unknown.
According to David Kent:
Manchester United have been warned that David Moyes’s main transfer target Marco Reus will cost up to £40million. Midfielder Reus had a £29.4m buy-out clause in his contract at Borussia Dortmund.
Conveniently, the Mail fail to note that while 24-year-old Reus does indeed have a release clause in his contract, that clause only comes into effect in 2015.
Morevover, with Reus contracted to the Champions League runners-up until 2017, and with BVB keen to extend that deal with a significant pay rise in return for scrapping the release clause, all common sense points to the German =midfielder staying put for the time being.
- Japan’s Shinji Kagawa misses open goal from 5 yards out v Cambodia (Video)
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus to miss Germany qualifiers with broken toe [Tweets]
- Borussia Dortmund do not have an option to buy Man United’s Adnan Januzaj [Press ...
- Man United turned down chance to sign Dortmund’s Marco Reus for £60 million (ESPN)
- Man United winger Adnan Januzaj confirms loan move to Borrusia Dortmund on Instagram
- Borussia Dortmund in advanced talks with Man United over Adnan Januzaj loan deal [Sky S...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...