Man United & Man City target Iniesta after he rejects Barcelona contract [Sunday Star]
- September 21, 2013
Slapped with the predictable “EXCLUSIVE” headline, the Star on Sunday claim to have the inside scoop on Manchester United and Manchester City’s next top transfer target.
According to Paul Hetherington, who daren’t not be believed:
Andres Iniesta has put Manchester United AND City on alert by rejecting a new contract at Barcelona.
United boss David Moyes, who takes his side to the Etihad today for the Manchester derby, has been trying to sign a playmaker. And City already have close links to Iniesta through Sporting Director Txiki Begiristain.
The Story in the Star builds on last week’s reports in Marca that confirmed Andres Iniesta rejected the first offer of a contract extension made by Barcelona. Marca added:
Barça offered the player a salary of €12 million gross plus €3million in add-ons. However, one week on and negotiations continue. It seems both parties want the player to remain at the club beyond 2015, when his current contract expires, but they still seem far from reaching a deal – around €5 million off, MARCA has been informed.
Iniesta is not concerned about becoming one of Barça’s top earners, but merely wants to feel the club can fulfil his expectations. The midfielder is said to be after a figure of around €17 million gross, plus bonuses for the various objectives he achieves.
The backpage of the Star on Sunday is below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...