Man United & Man City target Iniesta after he rejects Barcelona contract [Sunday Star]
Slapped with the predictable “EXCLUSIVE” headline, the Star on Sunday claim to have the inside scoop on Manchester United and Manchester City’s next top transfer target.
According to Paul Hetherington, who daren’t not be believed:
Andres Iniesta has put Manchester United AND City on alert by rejecting a new contract at Barcelona.
United boss David Moyes, who takes his side to the Etihad today for the Manchester derby, has been trying to sign a playmaker. And City already have close links to Iniesta through Sporting Director Txiki Begiristain.
The Story in the Star builds on last week’s reports in Marca that confirmed Andres Iniesta rejected the first offer of a contract extension made by Barcelona. Marca added:
Barça offered the player a salary of €12 million gross plus €3million in add-ons. However, one week on and negotiations continue. It seems both parties want the player to remain at the club beyond 2015, when his current contract expires, but they still seem far from reaching a deal – around €5 million off, MARCA has been informed.
Iniesta is not concerned about becoming one of Barça’s top earners, but merely wants to feel the club can fulfil his expectations. The midfielder is said to be after a figure of around €17 million gross, plus bonuses for the various objectives he achieves.
The backpage of the Star on Sunday is below.
- Andres Iniesta to join Xavi as most successful Spanish player in history with victory o...
- Barcelona fan Kobe Bryant meets his heroes in California; Swaps shirts with Andres Inie...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Andres Iniesta: Barcelona played 10 out of 10 v Juventus [video]
- Alejandro Grimaldo hits out at Luis Enrique for neglecting Barcelona B team (Quotes)
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Rio Ferdinand slams Man United boss LVG and brands club as unrecognisable
- FPL managers bemoan another Man City international injury, to Aleksandr Kolarov [Tweets]
- Man City legend Elano scores for Chennaiyin FC at Goa (official video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals reason he declined to sign David Silva when he was at Valenci...