Man United, Man City, Arsenal & Liverpool all tracking Barcelona starlet Rafinha [El Mundo Deportivo]
It is fair to say that 2013/2014 has been the breakout season for Rafinha Alcantara.
Brother of Thiago Alcantara (now at Bayern Munich) and son of World Cup winner Mazinho, Rafinha has been excellent on loan from Barcelona at Celta Vigo this season.
Rafinha came to prominence with an excellent goal on Saturday for Celta Vigo versus Getafe but has been one of the best midfielders in La Liga all season.
The 21-year-old has been a key reason behind Celta Vigo’s fine recent form which has lifted them away from the relegation zone.
El Mundo Deportivo report that four huge English clubs are now watching Rafinha closely: Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool.
In Barcelona they celebrated Rafinha signing a new contract last summer, especially with Thiago leaving for Bayern Munich to play under Pep Guardiola.
But, this new deal includes a release clause of 30 million euros which El Mundo Deportivo suggest Manchester City and Manchester United would have no problem paying.
The Catalan paper add that Rafinha could well become a key transfer target for Manchester United in the summer and could dove tail well with fellow Spaniard Juan Mata.
Much like Thiago last summer, Rafinha looks set to return to Barcelona eager for first team football but there is no guarantee with the wealth of midfield talent at the Nou Camp.
They add that Rafinha could well get his chance at Barcelona if Luis Enrique were to return to Barcelona as coach.
But, the two Manchester giants as well as Arsenal and Liverpool (who both have plundered the Barca La Masia academy before) look well placed to bring Rafinha to England.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal old-boy Tomas Rosicky set to return to his boyhood club [Sport]August 30, 2016
- Arsenal Fan TV on reports Jack Wilshere leaving the Gunners on loan (Video)August 30, 2016
- Arsenal fans react to news Serge Gnabry may join Bayern Munich [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Bayern Munich plan to sign Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry [Sky Germany]August 30, 2016
- Arda Turan denied Luis Suarez an easy tap-in so the striker made sure to return the favour (Video)August 29, 2016
- Luis Suarez called ref Mateu Lahoz a ‘Clown’ during Barcelona’s 1-0 win at Athletic Bilbao (Video)August 29, 2016
- Barcelona accidentally leak early photo of Paco Alcacer on their websiteAugust 29, 2016
- Barcelona youth team show awesome sportsmanship after beating Japanese side (Video)August 29, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho rejects loan move to Stoke City [Telegraph & Mirror]August 29, 2016
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016