- Bolton boss Neil Lennon explains signing Emile Heskey, may play on Boxing Day v Blackburn [Audio]
- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
Man United made an official approach for Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller two weeks ago [Bild]
Manchester United are officially after Bayern Munich’s attacking midfielder Thomas Muller.
The story is the headline report in Bild on Thursday.
According to the leading German tabloid, Manchester United made an official approach to Bayern to declare their interest in Muller two weeks ago.
The revelation by Bild that Man United have actually made moves to sign Muller comes a day after reports in Germany and England both recorded that Mannschaft attacking midfielder has told his club:
I have come to a point where I want to know if I am an important part of tomorrow’s starting line-up at Bayern and what the club plans for me in the coming years.
Muller scored 26 goals in all competitions last term, while the midfielder has an affinity to new United boss Louis van Gaal, who was his manager in Munich earlier in his career.
- Updated: June 5, 2014