Man United legends Gary Neville & Ryan Giggs plan to buy amateur club Salford City FC [M.E.N]
- February 6, 2014
The Manchester Evening News have an exclusive on Thursday claiming that Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs are planning to become joint football owners of Salford City FC.
The news comes a day after another former Manchester United hero, David Beckham, announced he was setting up a new football team in Miami. Neville and Giggs’ purchase, however, is far more modest.
A board meeting at the Evo-Stick First Division North side took place on Saturday night at which an overwhelming majority voted in favour of welcoming a potential bid.
Nobody from the club wanted to comment on the situation but it is thought many are excited by the prospect of Neville, an England coach and respected Sky Sports pundit, taking the reins along with local lad Giggs.
Some believe that the prospect of the club entering the Football League under the pair’s stewardship is a realistic goal. Salford City are currently in the eighth tier and would need four promotions to make that happen.
While it’s not known how much Neville and Giggs would be investing in order to buy the non-league club, it’s reported that the aim of any takeover would be to service the building of a brand new stand which is said to cost £560,000.
Footage of how Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs work in tandem can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...