Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson’s 11 minute interview with the BBC: talks Glazers, media, Beckham & legacy
The BBC, who were boycotted by Sir Alex Ferguson from 2004-2011 because of allegations against his son, Jason, in a TV documentary, scooped an exclusive 11 minute interview with the Manchester United legend on Tuesday.
Coinciding with the release of Fergie’s new book, “My Autobiography”, the BBC’s sports editor David Bond was able to talk about a range of subjects including Sir Alex’s critique of David Beckham’s career, the Scot’s thoughts on how media is today influencing football, the impact of the Glazers at Old Trafford, and the 72-year-old’s legacy on the Beautiful Game.
Ferguson, now freed from the shackles of football management, spoke with great candor, starting with his assessment of the England football team, whom he feels are unable to win at World Cup at present.
On Beckham, Fergie was unequivocal. The Scot was only too happy to say Beckham fell in love with Victoria, and that relationship forced him to sell the British icon. He also stated his believe that Beckham should not have gone to the LA Galaxy.
On the Glazers, Ferguson said the Americans did not negatively impact the goings-on at Old Trafford, while the pensioner closed off by talking about his relief in leaving football at this stage, in part due to all the media pressure which is only intensifying in the modern game.
Watch Sir Alex Ferguson’s 11 minute interview with the BBC below.
Watch Live Stream
- AS Monaco name their price for Manchester United target Fabinho [Sun]August 26, 2016
- Hull v Man United: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- Valencia are talking to Manchester United about a €12 million deal for Marcos Rojo [DP]August 25, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates with Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal win the Euros (Video)July 11, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson says it was a steward who told him to sign Ryan Giggs [ESPN]July 5, 2016
- Paul Pogba talks respect for Sir Alex Ferguson, learning from Scholes and Pirlo [Quotes]June 8, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s mother claims Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson made him cry [Quotes]June 7, 2016