Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson’s 11 minute interview with the BBC: talks Glazers, media, Beckham & legacy
- October 23, 2013
The BBC, who were boycotted by Sir Alex Ferguson from 2004-2011 because of allegations against his son, Jason, in a TV documentary, scooped an exclusive 11 minute interview with the Manchester United legend on Tuesday.
Coinciding with the release of Fergie’s new book, “My Autobiography”, the BBC’s sports editor David Bond was able to talk about a range of subjects including Sir Alex’s critique of David Beckham’s career, the Scot’s thoughts on how media is today influencing football, the impact of the Glazers at Old Trafford, and the 72-year-old’s legacy on the Beautiful Game.
Ferguson, now freed from the shackles of football management, spoke with great candor, starting with his assessment of the England football team, whom he feels are unable to win at World Cup at present.
On Beckham, Fergie was unequivocal. The Scot was only too happy to say Beckham fell in love with Victoria, and that relationship forced him to sell the British icon. He also stated his believe that Beckham should not have gone to the LA Galaxy.
On the Glazers, Ferguson said the Americans did not negatively impact the goings-on at Old Trafford, while the pensioner closed off by talking about his relief in leaving football at this stage, in part due to all the media pressure which is only intensifying in the modern game.
Watch Sir Alex Ferguson’s 11 minute interview with the BBC below.
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- Man United set to sign Pedro from Barcelona after they sell Angel Di Maria [Sport]
- Memphis Depay scored a scissors-kick against David De Gea at Man United training (Offic...
- Manchester United v PSG: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Jose Mourinho says ex Man United striker Radamel Falcao will be feared at Chelsea
- Stockport County’s Karl Ledsham scores classy 40-yard lob v Manchester United U21...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi