Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson’s 11 minute interview with the BBC: talks Glazers, media, Beckham & legacy
The BBC, who were boycotted by Sir Alex Ferguson from 2004-2011 because of allegations against his son, Jason, in a TV documentary, scooped an exclusive 11 minute interview with the Manchester United legend on Tuesday.
Coinciding with the release of Fergie’s new book, “My Autobiography”, the BBC’s sports editor David Bond was able to talk about a range of subjects including Sir Alex’s critique of David Beckham’s career, the Scot’s thoughts on how media is today influencing football, the impact of the Glazers at Old Trafford, and the 72-year-old’s legacy on the Beautiful Game.
Ferguson, now freed from the shackles of football management, spoke with great candor, starting with his assessment of the England football team, whom he feels are unable to win at World Cup at present.
On Beckham, Fergie was unequivocal. The Scot was only too happy to say Beckham fell in love with Victoria, and that relationship forced him to sell the British icon. He also stated his believe that Beckham should not have gone to the LA Galaxy.
On the Glazers, Ferguson said the Americans did not negatively impact the goings-on at Old Trafford, while the pensioner closed off by talking about his relief in leaving football at this stage, in part due to all the media pressure which is only intensifying in the modern game.
Watch Sir Alex Ferguson’s 11 minute interview with the BBC below.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United v Spurs: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Arsenal ahead of clash with Tottenham HotspurDecember 10, 2016
- Polyglot: Manchester United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a genius off the pitch as well as on itDecember 10, 2016
- Premier League clubs eye up Real Madrid defender this January [Mirror]December 10, 2016
- How Cristiano Ronaldo pranked Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United (video)November 22, 2016
- The Times suggest that Sir Alex Ferguson may go bankrupt due to film schemeNovember 19, 2016
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson to set up a university for managers [Times]November 13, 2016
- Gary Neville reveals secret to Sir Alex Ferguson’s success at Man United [MEN]November 12, 2016