Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson’s 11 minute interview with the BBC: talks Glazers, media, Beckham & legacy
- October 23, 2013
The BBC, who were boycotted by Sir Alex Ferguson from 2004-2011 because of allegations against his son, Jason, in a TV documentary, scooped an exclusive 11 minute interview with the Manchester United legend on Tuesday.
Coinciding with the release of Fergie’s new book, “My Autobiography”, the BBC’s sports editor David Bond was able to talk about a range of subjects including Sir Alex’s critique of David Beckham’s career, the Scot’s thoughts on how media is today influencing football, the impact of the Glazers at Old Trafford, and the 72-year-old’s legacy on the Beautiful Game.
Ferguson, now freed from the shackles of football management, spoke with great candor, starting with his assessment of the England football team, whom he feels are unable to win at World Cup at present.
On Beckham, Fergie was unequivocal. The Scot was only too happy to say Beckham fell in love with Victoria, and that relationship forced him to sell the British icon. He also stated his believe that Beckham should not have gone to the LA Galaxy.
On the Glazers, Ferguson said the Americans did not negatively impact the goings-on at Old Trafford, while the pensioner closed off by talking about his relief in leaving football at this stage, in part due to all the media pressure which is only intensifying in the modern game.
Watch Sir Alex Ferguson’s 11 minute interview with the BBC below.
- Manchester United agree to sell Jonny Evans to West Brom for £6m [Guardian]
- Real Madrid preparing to present David De Gea at the Bernabeu this Tuesday [AS]
- Van Gaal confirms that Januzaj is out of Swansea v Manchester United (Video)
- Louis van Gaal looking forward to meeting ‘old friends’ when Manchester Uni...
- Manchester United defender Jonny Evans set for medical at West Brom (Tweets)
- Man United legend Peter Schmeichel is happy Pedro joined Chelsea (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...