- QPR’s Eduardo Vargas sold out Chile teammate Alexis Sanchez for Arsenal penalty!
- The funniest Soccer Saturday moments so far this season [Video]
- Fernando speaks about getting his first Manchester City goal in the win over West Brom [Video]
- Mini-Man United fan post-Newcastle: ‘Wayne Rooney’s stepped it up since becoming captain’ [Video]
- Emile Heskey scores on return to English football for Bolton, from Eidur Gudjohnsen assist! [Vine]
Man United in talks for Arturo Vidal, Juventus want €40m [Gazzetta dello Sport]
The rumours surrounding Manchester United’s interest in Chilean World Cup star Arturo Vidal have been swirling for some time.
On the weekend in England, a major bid was mooted and today (Tuesday) pink Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport have confirmed Manchester United and Juventus are in talks over Vidal.
Juventus have big plans in the current transfer window and seem hopeful of securing deals for Manchester United defender Patrice Evra, as well as Alvaro Morata and Juan Iturbe.
And, the Old Lady are now being pressured to sell Vidal and former Manchester United starlet Paul Pogba.
Gazzetta confirm that Manchester United have been told to cough up 40 million euros for Vidal, which seems a reasonable price to pay for arguably the biggest club in England.
They add that Juventus are prepared for “any eventuality”.
It is also suggested that PSG are keen on Paul Pogba but would have to pay 75 million euros for the French midfielder. The Ligue 1 champions are willing to pay Pogba a salary of 8 million euros per season.
- Updated: July 8, 2014