Man United in Bale out! Champs may offer Chicharito + cash in exchange for Spurs star [Independent]
- August 12, 2013
The Independent, the broadsheet newspaper who generally shy away from complete BS stories, have released a mad tale overnight claiming that Manchester United are in the market for Gareth Bale.
Ian Herbert and Glenn Moore have teamed up to tell readers:
Manchester United may offer competition to Real Madrid in the pursuit of Gareth Bale this week, with Tottenham Hotspur seemingly more receptive to the English champions, having become deeply frustrated by negotiations with the Spanish side.
United have not made a firm offer for Bale and, as the transfer window enters its last three weeks, they will be acutely aware of any attempt to use them as a way of flushing out a serious bid from the Bernabeu, at a time when Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is beginning to doubt whether the Spaniards actually possess the funds.
The odds are stacked against such a deal coming to fruition. The impediments to United securing Bale include Spurs’ valuation which is believed to be around £110m, though the appeal of Javier Hernandez to the north London club could conceivably help in that department. It is also unclear whether United would be able to agree personal terms with Bale.
While the story grabs the attention, it’s also highly unlikely such a deal will ever materialise.
Manchester United won’t dish out £100 million on one player, and thoughts that they Red Devils would try and included Chicharito feels far fetched also.
Moreover, there are doubts that Tottenham would sell their star player to one of their rival Premier League clubs, particularly as the general understanding is that Spurs want to hold onto the Welshman.
- Get Over It: Wales FA post video of Gareth Bale’s goal against Belgium [Video]
- Dwight Yorke urges Real Madrid star Gareth Bale to join Man United [Sun]
- Welsh FA post video highlights of 1-0 win v Belgium, with great angles of Gareth Bale...
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale makes awesome Adidas promo with F2Fresstylers [Video]
- Michael Owen backs Gareth Bale to succeed at Real Madrid, needs to overcome shyness [Vi...
- Carlo Ancelotti was sacked from Real Madrid for substituting Gareth Bale [AS]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi