Man United in Bale out! Champs may offer Chicharito + cash in exchange for Spurs star [Independent]
The Independent, the broadsheet newspaper who generally shy away from complete BS stories, have released a mad tale overnight claiming that Manchester United are in the market for Gareth Bale.
Ian Herbert and Glenn Moore have teamed up to tell readers:
Manchester United may offer competition to Real Madrid in the pursuit of Gareth Bale this week, with Tottenham Hotspur seemingly more receptive to the English champions, having become deeply frustrated by negotiations with the Spanish side.
United have not made a firm offer for Bale and, as the transfer window enters its last three weeks, they will be acutely aware of any attempt to use them as a way of flushing out a serious bid from the Bernabeu, at a time when Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is beginning to doubt whether the Spaniards actually possess the funds.
The odds are stacked against such a deal coming to fruition. The impediments to United securing Bale include Spurs’ valuation which is believed to be around £110m, though the appeal of Javier Hernandez to the north London club could conceivably help in that department. It is also unclear whether United would be able to agree personal terms with Bale.
While the story grabs the attention, it’s also highly unlikely such a deal will ever materialise.
Manchester United won’t dish out £100 million on one player, and thoughts that they Red Devils would try and included Chicharito feels far fetched also.
Moreover, there are doubts that Tottenham would sell their star player to one of their rival Premier League clubs, particularly as the general understanding is that Spurs want to hold onto the Welshman.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale renews Real Madrid contract, will be joint 2nd highest paid player [Marca]August 23, 2016
- Barcelona fans outraged as Luis Suarez & Leo Messi miss out on final 3 of UEFA’s Best Player awardAugust 5, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to finish career at Real Madrid, Gareth Bale offered new deal [AS]August 4, 2016
- Gareth Bale & Emma Rhys-Jones share happy news on InstagramJuly 17, 2016
- Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez hints that he could leave Bayer Leverkusen this summer [Quotes]August 4, 2016
- Rumour: Arsenal turn to former Man United striker Chicharito [Tweets]June 22, 2016
- Chicharito loses his s**t when he meets Houston Texas’ J. J. Watt (Video)June 15, 2016
- Springy Chicharito leaps into the air for wonderful header vs Canada (Video)March 26, 2016
- Done Deal: Former Man United & Newcastle midfielder Gabriel Obertan moves to RussiaAugust 24, 2016
- Man United fan creates a comedy Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic shirt [Instagram]August 24, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Man United fans react to claims Bastian Schweinsteiger is like Chelsea’s Winston BogardeAugust 24, 2016