Man United hero Eric Cantona won’t be a Marseille coach as he wants a “hands free” manager’s post [La Provence]
French French newspaper La Provence has spoken to a friend of Eric Cantona to rule out a return of “King Eric” to Marseille as a coach.
La Provence, who fail to name the so-called “entourage” of the Manchester United legend, also fail to note where the rumour that Cantona could become an OM coach originated from.
That said, the French media outlet do supply the following quotes:
For the moment, he (Cantona) has devoted himself to the cinema where he still gives a little time. But he will return to football.
I do not think he’s really interested in returning to Marseille. (Cantona) would be more tempted by a club where he could have his hands free in order to implement his philosophy of game.
Rumours have been swirling around for over a year now that the Man United hero will become the new manager of the New York Cosmos.
Cantona played 40 games for Marseille from 1988–1991 scoring 13 goals.
Watch Live Stream
- Man Utd players warned Schweinsteiger to work on fitness and stop watching wife playing tennisAugust 24, 2016
- Golazo: Man United loanee Adnan Januzaj scores sublime winner for Sunderland (Video)August 24, 2016
- Done Deal: Former Man United & Newcastle midfielder Gabriel Obertan moves to RussiaAugust 24, 2016
- Man United fan creates a comedy Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic shirt [Instagram]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea’s Michy Batshuayi live tweets during Marseille’s latest defeatAugust 21, 2016
- Spurs move for OM winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou is off. Levy blamed [Le Phoceen]August 10, 2016
- Georges-Kevin Nkoudou undergoing Tottenham medical today [L’Equipe]July 19, 2016
- Tottenham are signing Georges-Kevin Nkoudou from Marseille [L’Equipe]July 17, 2016