Man United hero Eric Cantona won’t be a Marseille coach as he wants a “hands free” manager’s post [La Provence]
- March 11, 2014
French French newspaper La Provence has spoken to a friend of Eric Cantona to rule out a return of “King Eric” to Marseille as a coach.
La Provence, who fail to name the so-called “entourage” of the Manchester United legend, also fail to note where the rumour that Cantona could become an OM coach originated from.
That said, the French media outlet do supply the following quotes:
For the moment, he (Cantona) has devoted himself to the cinema where he still gives a little time. But he will return to football.
I do not think he’s really interested in returning to Marseille. (Cantona) would be more tempted by a club where he could have his hands free in order to implement his philosophy of game.
Rumours have been swirling around for over a year now that the Man United hero will become the new manager of the New York Cosmos.
Cantona played 40 games for Marseille from 1988–1991 scoring 13 goals.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]