Man United hero Eric Cantona won’t be a Marseille coach as he wants a “hands free” manager’s post [La Provence]
French French newspaper La Provence has spoken to a friend of Eric Cantona to rule out a return of “King Eric” to Marseille as a coach.
La Provence, who fail to name the so-called “entourage” of the Manchester United legend, also fail to note where the rumour that Cantona could become an OM coach originated from.
That said, the French media outlet do supply the following quotes:
For the moment, he (Cantona) has devoted himself to the cinema where he still gives a little time. But he will return to football.
I do not think he’s really interested in returning to Marseille. (Cantona) would be more tempted by a club where he could have his hands free in order to implement his philosophy of game.
Rumours have been swirling around for over a year now that the Man United hero will become the new manager of the New York Cosmos.
Cantona played 40 games for Marseille from 1988–1991 scoring 13 goals.
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester United fans want Fellaini out of the club after Everton cameo (Video)December 4, 2016
- Everton’s Idrissa Gueye’s funny reply when asked about Marouane Fellaini’s foul (Video)December 4, 2016
- Gary Neville blasts ‘idiotic’ Marouane Fellaini for giving away penalty at Everton (Video)December 4, 2016
- Manchester United suffered an epic Twitter Fail with Marouane Fellaini at EvertonDecember 4, 2016
- Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby on retirement & being called ‘Mr Glass’ [France Football]November 29, 2016
- Newcastle loanee Florian Thauvin violently attacked in attempted robberyNovember 16, 2016
- Marseille appoint former Barcelona director, give transfer budget to rival PSGOctober 28, 2016
- PSG v Marseille: Watch a live stream of Le ClassiqueOctober 23, 2016