Man United hero Eric Cantona won’t be a Marseille coach as he wants a “hands free” manager’s post [La Provence]
French French newspaper La Provence has spoken to a friend of Eric Cantona to rule out a return of “King Eric” to Marseille as a coach.
La Provence, who fail to name the so-called “entourage” of the Manchester United legend, also fail to note where the rumour that Cantona could become an OM coach originated from.
That said, the French media outlet do supply the following quotes:
For the moment, he (Cantona) has devoted himself to the cinema where he still gives a little time. But he will return to football.
I do not think he’s really interested in returning to Marseille. (Cantona) would be more tempted by a club where he could have his hands free in order to implement his philosophy of game.
Rumours have been swirling around for over a year now that the Man United hero will become the new manager of the New York Cosmos.
Cantona played 40 games for Marseille from 1988–1991 scoring 13 goals.
Watch Live Stream
- Paul Pogba’s second goal against Fenerbahce was a top corner beauty (Video)October 20, 2016
- Michael Owen left amazed that Wayne Rooney didn’t take a penalty tonight (Video)October 20, 2016
- Owen Hargreaves compares Michael Carrick to Andrea Pirlo (Video)October 20, 2016
- Man United fans can’t understand why Mkhitaryan isn’t involved vs Fenerbahce [Tweets]October 20, 2016
- Spurs loanee Clinton N’Jie scores brilliant goal for Marseille (Video)September 25, 2016
- Nice v Marseille: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-11September 4, 2016
- Clinton N’Jie to join Marseille on loan & Spurs to sign €11m Georges-Kévin N’Koudou [L’Equipe]August 30, 2016
- Former owner of the LA Dodgers, Frank McCourt, buys MarseilleAugust 29, 2016