Man United hero Eric Cantona won’t be a Marseille coach as he wants a “hands free” manager’s post [La Provence]
French French newspaper La Provence has spoken to a friend of Eric Cantona to rule out a return of “King Eric” to Marseille as a coach.
La Provence, who fail to name the so-called “entourage” of the Manchester United legend, also fail to note where the rumour that Cantona could become an OM coach originated from.
That said, the French media outlet do supply the following quotes:
For the moment, he (Cantona) has devoted himself to the cinema where he still gives a little time. But he will return to football.
I do not think he’s really interested in returning to Marseille. (Cantona) would be more tempted by a club where he could have his hands free in order to implement his philosophy of game.
Rumours have been swirling around for over a year now that the Man United hero will become the new manager of the New York Cosmos.
Cantona played 40 games for Marseille from 1988–1991 scoring 13 goals.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United 3-year contract will earn him £36m [Times]May 26th, 2016
- Carlo Ancelotti accuses Man United & Arsenal owners of prioritizing money over winning [Talk...May 26th, 2016
- The full list of Official Jose Mourinho Merchandise is staggering, and ridiculous [Graphic]May 26th, 2016
- #WelcomeJose : Man United fans (and everyone) giddy with excitement as Mourinho takes over [Tweets]May 26th, 2016
- Zlatan bags a double in final PSG game as OM are defeated in cup final (Official video)May 22nd, 2016
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino talks on French radio about Michy Batshuayi interestApril 26th, 2016
- Marseille’s Georges-Kevin N’Koudou films a hilarious dancing skit with his buddies [I...April 26th, 2016
- Marseille attacker Michy Batshuayi fancies a move to Spurs [Standard]April 25th, 2016