Man United have agreed personal terms with Juan Cuadrado [Sport]
- August 11, 2014
The Catalan press continues to debate whether Barcelona can sign Colombian World Cup star Juan Cuadrado and mention Manchester United’s interest in the Fiorentina winger.
Reports in recent days had suggested that Louis van Gaal had turned his attentions to Angel Di Maria, but both Sport and El Mundo Deportivo have updates regarding Cuadrado and Manchester United.
Sport reveal that Manchester United have agreed personal terms with Cuadrado but have not yet convinced Fiorentina to sell.
Despite rules about tapping up, it is quite common for clubs to sound out agents and agree personal terms before approaching another team.
El Mundo Deportivo claim that Manchester United have offered Fiorentina 40 million euros plus additional payments depending on appearances made and trophies won.
Fiorentina have asked for 50 million euros so there is a question mark as to why the Serie A side have not accepted the bid for Cuadrado.
Barcelona’s budget only seems to stretch to 40 million euros and they are linked with other players that can play as right wing back today, including Atletico Madrid’s Juanfran and Borussia Dortmund’s Lukasz Piszczek.
Manchester United’s confidence in signing Cuadrado would also tally with reports that Rafael has been told by Louis van Gaal that he can leave Old Trafford this summer.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...