Man United have agreed personal terms with Juan Cuadrado [Sport]
The Catalan press continues to debate whether Barcelona can sign Colombian World Cup star Juan Cuadrado and mention Manchester United’s interest in the Fiorentina winger.
Reports in recent days had suggested that Louis van Gaal had turned his attentions to Angel Di Maria, but both Sport and El Mundo Deportivo have updates regarding Cuadrado and Manchester United.
Sport reveal that Manchester United have agreed personal terms with Cuadrado but have not yet convinced Fiorentina to sell.
Despite rules about tapping up, it is quite common for clubs to sound out agents and agree personal terms before approaching another team.
El Mundo Deportivo claim that Manchester United have offered Fiorentina 40 million euros plus additional payments depending on appearances made and trophies won.
Fiorentina have asked for 50 million euros so there is a question mark as to why the Serie A side have not accepted the bid for Cuadrado.
Barcelona’s budget only seems to stretch to 40 million euros and they are linked with other players that can play as right wing back today, including Atletico Madrid’s Juanfran and Borussia Dortmund’s Lukasz Piszczek.
Manchester United’s confidence in signing Cuadrado would also tally with reports that Rafael has been told by Louis van Gaal that he can leave Old Trafford this summer.
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic scores Golazo for Sporting Gijon (official video)
- Neymar hit an amazing free-kick v Sevilla which stayed out as the ball refused to cross...
- Deco reveals brilliant story behind his 2004 move from Porto to Barcelona (Abola)
- Saturday Specials! Chelsea banker, boosted Palace & Leicester odds & 20/1 acca!
- Fiorentina goalkeeper Ciprian Tatarusanu almost conceded a howler versus Inter (Video)
- Fiorentina striker Nikola Kalinic’s second goal against Inter was a bit strange (...
- Inter Milan lose 100 percent record in crushing defeat to Fiorentina (Best Tweets)
- Inter Milan v Fiorentina: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- ‘I meant the assist’: Juan Mata talks to BeIN Sport before Man United’...
- No Arsenal strikers make The Mail’s Manchester United-dominated Combined XI
- Sir Alex Ferguson explains why he only described four Man United players as world class...
- Owen Hargreaves thinks Man United are too reliant on Martial and Memphis (Video)