Man United failed with late €40m bid for Sami Khedira [Spanish reports]
- September 3, 2013
Manchester United’s summer transfer dealings are already come under serious scrutiny and this report from Spain is unlikely to shed more positive light on David Moyes or Ed Woodward.
Cadena Cope and Marca have reported in the hours after the summer transfer window that Manchester United failed in a late 40 million euro bid for Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira.
United seemed to spend much of the summer window chasing La Liga midfielders, including Thiago Alcantara, Cesc Fabregas, Ander Herrera and were also rumoured to have been in touch with Real Madrid about Mesut Ozil.
Real Madrid immediately rejected the offer for Sami Khedira, who played the full 90 minutes in Sunday’s 3-1 win over Athletic Bilbao.
After selling Ozil to Arsenal on Monday, Real Madrid were unwilling to let any more important players leave the Bernabeu.
Speculation will now likely be rife over whether United wanted to bring Khedira in after the Ander Herrera deal collapsed or in place of Marouane Fellaini, who they did eventually sign late on Monday evening.
- Photoshoppers get Man United’s pitchfork-wielding Juan Mata to go on the rampage ...
- Why Man United fans should not be upset with PSG bound Angel Di Maria [Opinion]
- Ashley Young agrees a new 3-year Man United contract [ESPN]
- Manchester United v Tottenham: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League opener
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro to be a success at Man United, says he can play in any team i...
- Pep Guardiola claims Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger hasn’t been fully ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi