- Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos has scored as many goals as Barca’s Andres Iniesta in 97 less games
- Very Cute! Chelsea’s first team take on the whole Under-8s squad [Video]
- Pepe might have taken the worst throw-in EVER during Real Madrid v San Lorenzo!
- LVG presser post Aston Villa draw: “United robbed 2 points… not as good as City!”
- One Man United fan labels Louis van Gaal as arrogant after the Aston Villa draw [Full Time Devils]
Man United failed with late €40m bid for Sami Khedira [Spanish reports]
Manchester United’s summer transfer dealings are already come under serious scrutiny and this report from Spain is unlikely to shed more positive light on David Moyes or Ed Woodward.
Cadena Cope and Marca have reported in the hours after the summer transfer window that Manchester United failed in a late 40 million euro bid for Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira.
United seemed to spend much of the summer window chasing La Liga midfielders, including Thiago Alcantara, Cesc Fabregas, Ander Herrera and were also rumoured to have been in touch with Real Madrid about Mesut Ozil.
Real Madrid immediately rejected the offer for Sami Khedira, who played the full 90 minutes in Sunday’s 3-1 win over Athletic Bilbao.
After selling Ozil to Arsenal on Monday, Real Madrid were unwilling to let any more important players leave the Bernabeu.
Speculation will now likely be rife over whether United wanted to bring Khedira in after the Ander Herrera deal collapsed or in place of Marouane Fellaini, who they did eventually sign late on Monday evening.
- Updated: September 3, 2013