Man United failed with late €40m bid for Sami Khedira [Spanish reports]
- September 3, 2013
Manchester United’s summer transfer dealings are already come under serious scrutiny and this report from Spain is unlikely to shed more positive light on David Moyes or Ed Woodward.
Cadena Cope and Marca have reported in the hours after the summer transfer window that Manchester United failed in a late 40 million euro bid for Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira.
United seemed to spend much of the summer window chasing La Liga midfielders, including Thiago Alcantara, Cesc Fabregas, Ander Herrera and were also rumoured to have been in touch with Real Madrid about Mesut Ozil.
Real Madrid immediately rejected the offer for Sami Khedira, who played the full 90 minutes in Sunday’s 3-1 win over Athletic Bilbao.
After selling Ozil to Arsenal on Monday, Real Madrid were unwilling to let any more important players leave the Bernabeu.
Speculation will now likely be rife over whether United wanted to bring Khedira in after the Ander Herrera deal collapsed or in place of Marouane Fellaini, who they did eventually sign late on Monday evening.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...