Man United failed with late €40m bid for Sami Khedira [Spanish reports]
- September 3, 2013
Manchester United’s summer transfer dealings are already come under serious scrutiny and this report from Spain is unlikely to shed more positive light on David Moyes or Ed Woodward.
Cadena Cope and Marca have reported in the hours after the summer transfer window that Manchester United failed in a late 40 million euro bid for Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira.
United seemed to spend much of the summer window chasing La Liga midfielders, including Thiago Alcantara, Cesc Fabregas, Ander Herrera and were also rumoured to have been in touch with Real Madrid about Mesut Ozil.
Real Madrid immediately rejected the offer for Sami Khedira, who played the full 90 minutes in Sunday’s 3-1 win over Athletic Bilbao.
After selling Ozil to Arsenal on Monday, Real Madrid were unwilling to let any more important players leave the Bernabeu.
Speculation will now likely be rife over whether United wanted to bring Khedira in after the Ander Herrera deal collapsed or in place of Marouane Fellaini, who they did eventually sign late on Monday evening.
- Man United new boy Anthony Martial has only played eight full matches in his club career
- Manchester United name David De Gea in their Champions League squad
- Anthony Martial vows to prove his worth at Manchester United (Video)
- Jamie Carragher: Anthony Martial must have great potential for that price (Video)
- Anthony Martial talks price tags, Euro 2016 and Rooney not knowing who he was (Quotes)
- Juan Mata backs Man United teammate David De Gea to focus on Spain duty (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...