Man United continue to be linked with Sporting’s William Carvalho, €30m mentioned [Record]
It’s one of those transfer rumours that wont go away.
Manchester United, who lacked strength in depth in the middle of their team last season, continue to be connected with highly-prized Sporting midfielder William Carvalho on Tuesday.
Record, the Portuguese daily, have carved out a space on the bottom of their front page linking Man United with a €30m move for the young Portuguese international defensive midfielder.
This latest headlines comes after Portuguese website zerozero.pt reported on Sunday evening that Manchester United representatives were in Lisbon to thrash out a deal for Carvalho.
ZeroZero is a data website for people who work within football. It is very rare that they ever break any news, on football or transfers, so this report could well have serious credence.
They added that Chelsea are also interested in Carvalho, who was part of Portugal’s World Cup squad, but the 22-year-old is viewed as a priority for Louis van Gaal.
William Carvalho’s current contract has a 45 million euro release clause, Manchester United are not willing to spend such a fee but are negotiating with a view to bag the midfielder at a lower price.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United & Man City are at ‘war’ over a German World Cup winner [El Chiringuito]September 29, 2016
- ‘I need to protect him’: Jose Mourinho explains why Wayne Rooney may not start v Zorya (Video)September 28, 2016
- Wayne Rooney could sit out Europa League game and Sunday’s clash with Stoke [Sky Sports]September 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho ‘feels sorry’ for Sam Allardyce after his dream job ended in disaster (Video)September 28, 2016
- Man United battle Real Madrid for a Portuguese winger [Record]September 27, 2016
- Sporting Club president wants Cristiano Ronaldo to retire at his boyhood club [Quotes]September 12, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he’s still a Sporting CP member [Record]September 11, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell scores for Sporting CP (Video)September 10, 2016