Man United continue to be linked with Sporting’s William Carvalho, €30m mentioned [Record]
It’s one of those transfer rumours that wont go away.
Manchester United, who lacked strength in depth in the middle of their team last season, continue to be connected with highly-prized Sporting midfielder William Carvalho on Tuesday.
Record, the Portuguese daily, have carved out a space on the bottom of their front page linking Man United with a €30m move for the young Portuguese international defensive midfielder.
This latest headlines comes after Portuguese website zerozero.pt reported on Sunday evening that Manchester United representatives were in Lisbon to thrash out a deal for Carvalho.
ZeroZero is a data website for people who work within football. It is very rare that they ever break any news, on football or transfers, so this report could well have serious credence.
They added that Chelsea are also interested in Carvalho, who was part of Portugal’s World Cup squad, but the 22-year-old is viewed as a priority for Louis van Gaal.
William Carvalho’s current contract has a 45 million euro release clause, Manchester United are not willing to spend such a fee but are negotiating with a view to bag the midfielder at a lower price.
- Alex Ferguson laughs about Rafa Benitez’s ‘Facts’ rant on Morning Joe...
- Manchester United’s Anthony Martial ran length of the pitch for France like no bi...
- Anderson gets nostalgic for Manchester United days with several Instagram posts
- Pierluigi Collina offers his expert opinion on tackle that broke Luke Shaw’s leg
- Huge scandal happening in Portugal: Benfica and Sporting accuse each other of corruption
- Sporting CP slam the lack of video technology in football after their CL exit to CSKA M...
- Tsunami survivor Martunis hangs out with his hero Cristiano Ronaldo at Portugal trainin...
- Tondela v Sporting: Watch a Live Stream