Man United close to giving Tom Cleverley a new 5-year contract worth £15 million [Mail on Sunday]
- March 8, 2014
The Mail on Sunday have a story likely to wind up many Manchester United fans as it’s reported that Tom Cleverley is set for a new deal at Old Trafford.
Cleverley has come under a barrage of criticism throughout Man United’s underperforming season, and news that the club intend to offer the England international a new deal is sure to raise many eyebrows.
According to the Mail, Cleverley is set to be rewarded with a new five year deal worth £15 million. Rob Draper goes on to claim:
Moyes sees Cleverley as an important player for the future and United are close to agreeing the new deal, which would see his pay rise to £60,000 a week. His current contract runs out at the end of 2015.
Moyes is still intent on strengthening his midfield this summer with Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkay Gundogen and Marco Reis his top targets. But he is unlikely to succeed in tempting Paul Pogba back to the club.
See the splash of the sports section of the Mail on Sunday below.
- Man United playmaker Juan Mata scores quality goal in Spain training (video)
- Manchester United fan & World’s Fastest Man Usain Bolt takes the Dizzy Goals...
- Karel Poborsky scores lovely chip in Manchester United Legends win over Liverpool (Video)
- Banished and Numberless Victor Valdes thanks Manchester United fans for support on Twitter
- From Les Ulis to Manchester Untied: Patrice Evra once gave the young Anthony Martial hi...
- Manchester United’s Anthony Martial admits €80m fee is ‘crazy’ (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...