Man United close to giving Tom Cleverley a new 5-year contract worth £15 million [Mail on Sunday]
- March 8, 2014
The Mail on Sunday have a story likely to wind up many Manchester United fans as it’s reported that Tom Cleverley is set for a new deal at Old Trafford.
Cleverley has come under a barrage of criticism throughout Man United’s underperforming season, and news that the club intend to offer the England international a new deal is sure to raise many eyebrows.
According to the Mail, Cleverley is set to be rewarded with a new five year deal worth £15 million. Rob Draper goes on to claim:
Moyes sees Cleverley as an important player for the future and United are close to agreeing the new deal, which would see his pay rise to £60,000 a week. His current contract runs out at the end of 2015.
Moyes is still intent on strengthening his midfield this summer with Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkay Gundogen and Marco Reis his top targets. But he is unlikely to succeed in tempting Paul Pogba back to the club.
See the splash of the sports section of the Mail on Sunday below.
- Rio Ferdinand trolls disloyal Drake for wearing Man United & Liverpool kits [Insta...
- PSG boss Laurent Blanc says Angel Di Maria transfer saga will have a “positive ou...
- Man United fan channel quiz American Reds on colloquial Mancunian words (Video)
- More bad news for Man United. Nicolas Otamendi “stays” at Valencia [Super D...
- PSG make £28.5m offer for Angel Di Maria, £30m less than Man United paid a year ago
- Marcos Rojo set to be fined for missing Manchester United’s US tour after forgett...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi