- THUNDERBASTARD! Charlee Adams (Lincoln City) nets first career goal in Lincolnshire derby [Video]
- Chelsea fans put to the test: “Would you kiss a beautiful Tottenham fan” [Video]
- “At last back home” – Ex-Chelsea man Fernando Torres tweets about return to Atletico Madrid
- DONE DEAL! Atletico Madrid announce the signing of Fernando Torres [Tweets]
- Exclusive Offer! Back Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling to score anytime v Swansea at 5/1!!!
Man United & Chelsea try to hijack Stevan Jovetic’s €30m move to Man City [Sky Italia]
The battle to sign Stevan Jovetic is turning into a three-way fight between Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea, if reports from Sky Italia are to be believed.
Perhaps the only surprise in the story being touted by Sky Italia is the absence of Arsenal as a suitor for the Montenegrin international, after the Gunners were linked with a £23m swoop for the striker earlier in the summer.
Jovetic appeared to be on the verge of signing on at the Etihad after rumours that Man City had agreed a €30m transfer fee with Fiorentina began circulating over the past 24 hours. Moreover, the Citizens are said to have tied up the personal terms with the player, offering him a salary of £71,000 per week.
Whilst Man City are the front-runners for Jovetic, rivals Man United and Chelsea are now trying to hijack Manuel Pellegrini’s approach with counter-offers.
It’s been a difficult summer for Jovetic, as fans of Fiorentina have turned on him. Sick with the never-ending chatter, an unknown Fiorentina fan hung a big banner outside the Artemio Franchi stadium earlier in the summer, which said: Florence, city of art. If you go you’re a c*** . Bye Stevan.
Jovetic currently earns 2.5 million euros a season with Fiorentina, and the Montenegrin striker has a reported £26m released clause in his contract.
The 23-year-old attacker had a great campaign in 2012/2013, scoring 13 goals in 31 appearances for the Viola, and those goals can be seen below.
- Updated: July 10, 2013