Man United CEO Ed Woodward: “We’re still trying to bring in targets. There is no fixed budget.”
- July 20, 2014
Manchester United CEO Ed Woodward has said that the club don’t have a fixed budget for transfers and that the club are still trying to bring in targets.
Woodward and David Moyes were a laughing stock last summer after the two were ultimately in charge of bringing players to Old Trafford but that experience has appeared to help the CEO in his craft. United brought in two big-money signings before July this summer and they’re still targeting players to join Louis van Gaal’s team.
Here’s an extract from his interview on United’s website, Woodward said: “We’ve been working with Louis over several weeks with regards to targets and we’re continuing to move forward on some of those targets,” Woodward told MUTV’s Stewart Gardner in Los Angeles.
“We are still a huge attraction to top football stars around the world – there is no doubt about that. I hope [fans] will see the direction we’re heading in with the new manager, coaching staff and players, and a commitment to do what it takes to get back to the top.
“We are willing to invest. There is no fixed budget. Financially we are extremely strong and funds are available. Louis is assessing what’s going on and there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, so watch this space.”
Asked if other players could be leaving United, Woodward added: “Yes, I think so. The manager makes that decision. A few players have already gone and there may well be a few others.
“It’s also worth commenting that we’re not in Europe this year, so there are fewer games and Louis may take the view that he wants a tighter squad to bed in.”
Among those said to be in negotiations with United is Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal, the Chilean being a top target for the club.
- “Spineless snake” – Furious Man United fans hit out at PSG bound Ange...
- Rafael appears to confirm his Man United exit to Lyon on Twitter
- Man United legend Roy Keane comes under attack for saying Arsenal have a ‘selfie cultur...
- Man United defender Rafael to have medical at Lyon ahead of a €3m move [L’Equipe]
- Man United’s Angel Di Maria is set to have his PSG medical today in Doha [Le Pari...
- Man United are still chasing Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Express]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi