Man United boss Louis van Gaal: ‘I introduced the system Bayern are playing with now’ [Video]
- July 26, 2014
Louis van Gaal’s arrival at Manchester United signals not just changes in personnel, but also in the club’s tactical philosiphy.
United have traditionally played a conventional 4-4-2 system, with small shifts during Ferguson’s later years, but by and large, 4-4-2 has been the club’s bread and butter.
With Van Gaal’s penchant for a 3-5-2, which can shift into a 5-3-2, United look set for a pretty radical change this season, and one of which they can reap the benefits in the long term, as the Dutchman pointed out with a nod to his tactical acumen.
Van Gaal reminded the press that it will take time: ‘Bayern Munich used to only play 4-4-2, and now they play the system that I introduced.’
Bayern won the Champions League in 2013 with the Van Gaal inspired 4-3-2-1/ 4 -1-3-2 formation, a fact of which he’s clearly very proud.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...