- Arsenal negotiating with Palermo to lower asking price for £31m-rated Paulo Dybala [Fichajes]
- Manchester United may sit in fourth place but that position flatters them [Graphic]
- Arsenal competing with Man United and Chelsea to sign Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane [Star]
- Flashback Friday! Caller can’t understand why (Finnish) goalkeeper Antti Niemi hasn’t been called up for Scotland
- Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers tries his luck on Mastermind [Parody Video]
Man United boss David Moyes moves for Gareth Bale [Friday Daily Star back page]
The Daily Star are coming out with some porkies this summer and we haven’t even reached July!
On Thursday it was “Arsenal are putting a plan together to sign Wayne Rooney from Man United” to shift copies.
And, on Friday the tabloid link the Premier League champions with the best player in England during 2012/2013, as voted by his fellow players and journalists.
A deeper look at the article suggests Manchester United will only move for the Tottenham forward once they have exhausted their attempt to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford.
Yet again, we are likely to hear the “Gareth Bale is not for sale” line come out of White Hart Lane. And, in truth, you would imagine Daniel Levy would rather sell to Real Madrid or PSG than Manchester United.
- Updated: June 27, 2013