- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Man United & Arsenal sent scouts to watch Sporting’s William Carvalho v Porto, he produced a superb run
For the umpteenth time this season, the Portuguese press are reporting that Manchester United and Arsenal were amongst a glut of scouts from teams around Europe who were watching Sporting’s William Carvalho on Sunday night.
Sporting claimed a 1-0 win over Porto in the match of the weekend in Liga Sagres, and O Jogo report that 13 scouts from different clubs were in attendance for the showdown.
The 13 clubs were Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Cologne, Betis, Sevilla, Monaco, Braga, Guimaraes and Belenenses.
For months now 21-year-old William Carvalho has been linked with a move away from Sporting, however the player won’t come cheap.
The youngster has complicated ownership structure as Sporting only own 60% of Carvalho, while another company, BES, own 40%. Moreover, Carvalho is under contract at Sporting until 2018, and has a massive €45m buyout clause.
Against Porto William Carvalho had one standout moment as the midfielder won possession on the edge of his box before he carried the ball over the halfway-line whilst evading three Porto players in the process.
Watch William Carvalho’s superb rub v Porto below.
- Updated: March 17, 2014