- Thierry Henry looks back on Arsenal’s Invincibles: ‘Chelsea could go unbeaten this season’ [Video]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Origi stays at Lille until next season, we’ve never considered January’ [Video]
- Liverpool boss: Brendan Rodgers: ‘Daniel Sturridge is as down as I’ve seen anyone’ [Video]
- Raheem Sterling: ‘I want to stay at Liverpool for many years to come’ [Echo]
- Arsenal planning £30m move for Monaco’s Joao Moutinho [Express]
Man United approach Barcelona for ex-Arsenal midfielder Alex Song, offer submitted to the player [Sport]
Catalan paper Sport have revealed early on Monday morning that Manchester United are keen to sign Barcelona midfielder Alex Song.
The former Arsenal midfielder, who has also appeared in defence for Barcelona, is considered a “priority for United” and Song is eager for regular first team football.
Manchester United boss David Moyes has, according to Sport, approached Barcelona over the signing of Alex Song in both the last two transfer windows, but the Cameroon international has been keen to prove himself at the Nou Camp.
Now it is understood that Song is open to a summer move from Barcelona as he has struggled for playing time under Barcelona coach Tata Martino.
Song’s agent is Darren Dein, son of the former vice-chairman of Arsenal David, also represents Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas.
Dein is hoping to establish with Barcelona how much Manchester United will have to pay for Song and it is understood his agent has already established with Manchester United the personal terms on offer.
- Updated: February 24, 2014