Man, U Lame! The US Soccer Twitter account didn’t take kindly to Robin van Persie celebrating Nani’s goal
- June 23, 2014
Robin van Persie has noticeably been supporting his Manchester United teammates at the World Cup this summer.
After Wayne Rooney scored for England in the 2-1 defeat to Uruguay, van Persie spoke openly about his United strike-partner at a Holland press conference, and the Dutch forward stuck up for Rooney in front of the world’s media.
On Sunday night RVP was again cheering on his teammates from the sidelines; this time Luis Nani was the man to get behind as he fired Portugal 1-nil ahead against the United States.
Van Persie loudly cheered on Nani on Twitter after he put the Seleccao in front, only for the official US Soccer Twitter to react with a comedy reply.
See the banter below.
- Dutch FA troll relentless Mexican fan after Robben’s dive inspired a year of tweets
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Holland boss Danny Blind reveals he turned down offer to join Louis van Gaal at Man United
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- PSV’s Jetro Willems scores incredible backheel penalty in Holland training [Video]
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi