Man City’s Yaya Toure racially abused by CSKA fans: “It is unbelievable. I want to see UEFA do a lot to tackle racism”
- October 23, 2013
— Vincent Kompany (@VincentKompany) October 23, 2013
CSKA Moscow fans were disgraced during their 2-1 home defeat to Manchester CIty on Wednesday night in the Champions League when they hailed monkey noises at Yaya Toure.
The incident was initially reported by Sky Sports’ touchline reporter during the match, and following the final whistle the Sky crew got to speak to Yaya Toure directly to get his view on the racism.
Yaya said that he told the referee about the abuse:
It was quite disappointing. It was unbelievable. Very, very sad. Some of the songs today in the crowd were really stupid. I think UEFA need to do something to stop that.
I want to see UEFA do a lot. UEFA could close the stadium, maybe ban the stadium for a couple of years. As an African player it is always sad to hear something like that.
Watch Yaya Toure’s post match interview below.
- Man City offer Bayer Leverkusen €35m for winger Karim Bellarabi [Hamburger Morgenpost]
- Man United’s Rafael da Silva snapped wearing a shirt with a Man City looking badg...
- Man City captain Vincent Kompany is back in training, practising overhead kicks [video]
- Rio Ferdinand brushes off claims Sergio Ramos would pick Man City over Man United [Video]
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- John Guidetti gave a crazy interview after Sweden U21s smashed Denmark [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi