Man City’s Yaya Toure racially abused by CSKA fans: “It is unbelievable. I want to see UEFA do a lot to tackle racism”
- October 23, 2013
— Vincent Kompany (@VincentKompany) October 23, 2013
CSKA Moscow fans were disgraced during their 2-1 home defeat to Manchester CIty on Wednesday night in the Champions League when they hailed monkey noises at Yaya Toure.
The incident was initially reported by Sky Sports’ touchline reporter during the match, and following the final whistle the Sky crew got to speak to Yaya Toure directly to get his view on the racism.
Yaya said that he told the referee about the abuse:
It was quite disappointing. It was unbelievable. Very, very sad. Some of the songs today in the crowd were really stupid. I think UEFA need to do something to stop that.
I want to see UEFA do a lot. UEFA could close the stadium, maybe ban the stadium for a couple of years. As an African player it is always sad to hear something like that.
Watch Yaya Toure’s post match interview below.
- AS Roma set to sign Edin Dzeko from Manchester City in £14m deal (Tweets)
- Wrexham FC produce awesome Mortal Kombat themed video in Javan Vidal tribute (Video)
- Man City agree to sell Edin Dzeko to Roma for €23m [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Ex-Chelsea & Man City midfielder Frank Lampard makes his MLS debut (Videos)
- Stuttgart blitz Man City in 1st half; Pellegrini’s side recover to lose 4-2 (Offi...
- Respect: Manchester City fan gets United tattoo for charity
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi