- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Man City’s Yaya Toure racially abused by CSKA fans: “It is unbelievable. I want to see UEFA do a lot to tackle racism”
— Vincent Kompany (@VincentKompany) October 23, 2013
CSKA Moscow fans were disgraced during their 2-1 home defeat to Manchester CIty on Wednesday night in the Champions League when they hailed monkey noises at Yaya Toure.
The incident was initially reported by Sky Sports’ touchline reporter during the match, and following the final whistle the Sky crew got to speak to Yaya Toure directly to get his view on the racism.
Yaya said that he told the referee about the abuse:
It was quite disappointing. It was unbelievable. Very, very sad. Some of the songs today in the crowd were really stupid. I think UEFA need to do something to stop that.
I want to see UEFA do a lot. UEFA could close the stadium, maybe ban the stadium for a couple of years. As an African player it is always sad to hear something like that.
Watch Yaya Toure’s post match interview below.
- Updated: October 23, 2013