Man City’s Yaya Toure racially abused by CSKA fans: “It is unbelievable. I want to see UEFA do a lot to tackle racism”
- October 23, 2013
— Vincent Kompany (@VincentKompany) October 23, 2013
CSKA Moscow fans were disgraced during their 2-1 home defeat to Manchester CIty on Wednesday night in the Champions League when they hailed monkey noises at Yaya Toure.
The incident was initially reported by Sky Sports’ touchline reporter during the match, and following the final whistle the Sky crew got to speak to Yaya Toure directly to get his view on the racism.
Yaya said that he told the referee about the abuse:
It was quite disappointing. It was unbelievable. Very, very sad. Some of the songs today in the crowd were really stupid. I think UEFA need to do something to stop that.
I want to see UEFA do a lot. UEFA could close the stadium, maybe ban the stadium for a couple of years. As an African player it is always sad to hear something like that.
Watch Yaya Toure’s post match interview below.
- Belgian fans overwhelmingly believe Kevin de Bruyne should have joined Man United, not ...
- Kevin De Bruyne arrives at Manchester Airport ahead of £54m transfer to City from Wolfs...
- Wolfsburg confirm that Kevin De Bruyne is moving to Manchester City
- Manuel Pellegrini didn’t know Manchester City were selling Marco ‘Rony̵...
- Fernandinho asked most ridiculous question in ever in Manchester City fan Q&A (Video)
- Manchester City contradict Manuel Pellegrini by selling Marcos Lopes to Monaco
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...