Man City’s Yaya Toure racially abused by CSKA fans: “It is unbelievable. I want to see UEFA do a lot to tackle racism”
— Vincent Kompany (@VincentKompany) October 23, 2013
CSKA Moscow fans were disgraced during their 2-1 home defeat to Manchester CIty on Wednesday night in the Champions League when they hailed monkey noises at Yaya Toure.
The incident was initially reported by Sky Sports’ touchline reporter during the match, and following the final whistle the Sky crew got to speak to Yaya Toure directly to get his view on the racism.
Yaya said that he told the referee about the abuse:
It was quite disappointing. It was unbelievable. Very, very sad. Some of the songs today in the crowd were really stupid. I think UEFA need to do something to stop that.
I want to see UEFA do a lot. UEFA could close the stadium, maybe ban the stadium for a couple of years. As an African player it is always sad to hear something like that.
Watch Yaya Toure’s post match interview below.
Watch Live Stream
- Ronald Koeman states that Everton are not interested in Man City goalkeeper Joe Hart (Video)August 25, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Barcelona pay tribute to new Man City keeper Claudio Bravo with highlights montage (video)August 25, 2016
- FPL GW3: Time for a double transfer & #alwayscaptainAgueroAugust 25, 2016
- Farewell: Pep Guardiola comments on Joe Hart and Yaya Toure’s futures at Man CityAugust 19, 2016
- How Man City’s Yaya Toure is turning into Chelsea’s Winston BogardeAugust 16, 2016
- Pep Guardiola is giving Yaya Toure the Bastian Schweinsteiger treatment at Man CityAugust 15, 2016
- Pep drops Hart, Yaya Toure cut from squad: Manchester City v Sunderland [Team Sheets]August 13, 2016