- Arsene Wenger confirms Gabriel Paulista signing is imminent, no work permit issue [Video]
- Arsenal Superfan Moh hails Tomas Rosicky after FA Cup win over Brighton [Video]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on FA Cup favourites tag: ‘Manchester United might go through’ (!) [Video]
- Claude & Ty BFFs after Arsenal’s win over Brighton & Hove Albion! [Video]
- Spurs & Man United legend Teddy Sheringham scores lovely chip in Fernando Ricksen charity match
Man City’s Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Man United because he wants to join PSG [Star]
With no supporting quotes or underlying evidence to give their article credibility, the Star on Friday claim that Man City’s Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Man United because he wants to join PSG.
In order to believe the Star’s tale, readers are meant to swallow that an actual bid, listed at 40 million pounds, was posted by Old Trafford to their noisy neighbours, that bid was relayed to Yaya Toure who is currently on vacation in the Ivory Coast, and that Toure personally turned down the move (suggesting City may have accepted the deal).
The Star adopt the usual tabloid adjectives in their fluffy transfer piece, including words like “EXCLUSIVE”, “Yaya Toure has snubbed a shock move to bitter-rivals” United, and the “snub is a blow to new United boss Louis Van Gaal”.
The article is filled out by referencing Toure’s feud with City, including the notorious story of Yaya getting offended by the club’s failure to celebrate his birthday to the more damning report that City forced the player to go to Dubai when his brother as dying from cancer in hospital.
Stepping back, the Star’s article may well turn out to be right as strong indications point to Yaya Toure ending up at PSG this summer, but the likelihood of that scenario seems world’s apart from unpinning the accuracy of the red top’s long story.
- Updated: July 18, 2014