Man City’s Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Man United because he wants to join PSG [Star]
- July 18, 2014
With no supporting quotes or underlying evidence to give their article credibility, the Star on Friday claim that Man City’s Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Man United because he wants to join PSG.
In order to believe the Star’s tale, readers are meant to swallow that an actual bid, listed at 40 million pounds, was posted by Old Trafford to their noisy neighbours, that bid was relayed to Yaya Toure who is currently on vacation in the Ivory Coast, and that Toure personally turned down the move (suggesting City may have accepted the deal).
The Star adopt the usual tabloid adjectives in their fluffy transfer piece, including words like “EXCLUSIVE”, “Yaya Toure has snubbed a shock move to bitter-rivals” United, and the “snub is a blow to new United boss Louis Van Gaal”.
The article is filled out by referencing Toure’s feud with City, including the notorious story of Yaya getting offended by the club’s failure to celebrate his birthday to the more damning report that City forced the player to go to Dubai when his brother as dying from cancer in hospital.
Stepping back, the Star’s article may well turn out to be right as strong indications point to Yaya Toure ending up at PSG this summer, but the likelihood of that scenario seems world’s apart from unpinning the accuracy of the red top’s long story.
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Classy: Stevan Jovetic pens farewell message to Man City on Instagram
- Watch highlights of Raheem Sterling’s excellent performance for Man City v Vietna...
- Raheem Sterling bags a brilliant brace in 8-1 Man City win v Vietnam XI (Highlights)
- Raheem Sterling scored a first-time out of the box curler for Man City v Vietnam XI (Vi...
- Vietnamese fan burns 10 tickets to Man City game due to players attitudes (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi