Man City’s Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Man United because he wants to join PSG [Star]
- July 18, 2014
With no supporting quotes or underlying evidence to give their article credibility, the Star on Friday claim that Man City’s Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Man United because he wants to join PSG.
In order to believe the Star’s tale, readers are meant to swallow that an actual bid, listed at 40 million pounds, was posted by Old Trafford to their noisy neighbours, that bid was relayed to Yaya Toure who is currently on vacation in the Ivory Coast, and that Toure personally turned down the move (suggesting City may have accepted the deal).
The Star adopt the usual tabloid adjectives in their fluffy transfer piece, including words like “EXCLUSIVE”, “Yaya Toure has snubbed a shock move to bitter-rivals” United, and the “snub is a blow to new United boss Louis Van Gaal”.
The article is filled out by referencing Toure’s feud with City, including the notorious story of Yaya getting offended by the club’s failure to celebrate his birthday to the more damning report that City forced the player to go to Dubai when his brother as dying from cancer in hospital.
Stepping back, the Star’s article may well turn out to be right as strong indications point to Yaya Toure ending up at PSG this summer, but the likelihood of that scenario seems world’s apart from unpinning the accuracy of the red top’s long story.
- ‘Kun’ Aguero scores brace and sets up three in Argentina’s 7-0 win ov...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Gary Neville purrs over Manchester City’s strength in depth after De Bruyne signi...
- Kevin De Bruyne gives first interview since signing for Manchester City (Video)
- Manchester City officially sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg [Vine & Best Tweets]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...