- Isco scores beautiful solo golazo in Real Madrid training; Fans chant his name [Video]
- Alexis Sanchez opens up about life in London – “I’m happy at Arsenal” [Latercera]
- Lukas Podolski posts celebratory team photo on the Arsenal bus after West Ham win [Instagram]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger very pleased in post match interview after 2-1 win at West Ham
- Mauricio Pochettino: Spurs should’ve been given a penalty & no sympathy for Man United [Video]
Man City’s Yaya Toure got away with a terrible foul on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud [Vine Video]
Arsenal fans were unhappy with Match of the Day on Saturday night as the BBC’s flagship football show failed to highlight a flashpoint during Man City’s 6-3 win over the Gunners.
Fans of the north Londoners felt that they got the short end of the stick when it came to refereeing decisions at the Etihad, and one of the more questionable non-decisions came in a foul from Yaya Toure on Olivier Giroud.
Yaya Toure was guilty of a bad mistimed tackle on Arsenal’s forward as Giroud nudged the ball past the Ivorian only for the Frenchman to be taken out by a high boot grating down his left leg.
The commentators simply said Giroud “collided with” Yaya Toure’s boot.
Another interpretation was that Toure’s tackle was high, late and reckless, and the bone-breaking potential of the challenge should have produced a red card. In actuality, Toure escaped without even a booking.
See how Man City’s Yay Toure got away with a terrible foul on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud below.
- Updated: December 15, 2013