Man City’s Yaya Toure got away with a terrible foul on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud [Vine Video]
- December 15, 2013
Arsenal fans were unhappy with Match of the Day on Saturday night as the BBC’s flagship football show failed to highlight a flashpoint during Man City’s 6-3 win over the Gunners.
Fans of the north Londoners felt that they got the short end of the stick when it came to refereeing decisions at the Etihad, and one of the more questionable non-decisions came in a foul from Yaya Toure on Olivier Giroud.
Yaya Toure was guilty of a bad mistimed tackle on Arsenal’s forward as Giroud nudged the ball past the Ivorian only for the Frenchman to be taken out by a high boot grating down his left leg.
The commentators simply said Giroud “collided with” Yaya Toure’s boot.
Another interpretation was that Toure’s tackle was high, late and reckless, and the bone-breaking potential of the challenge should have produced a red card. In actuality, Toure escaped without even a booking.
See how Man City’s Yay Toure got away with a terrible foul on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...