Man City’s Yaya Toure got away with a terrible foul on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud [Vine Video]
Arsenal fans were unhappy with Match of the Day on Saturday night as the BBC’s flagship football show failed to highlight a flashpoint during Man City’s 6-3 win over the Gunners.
Fans of the north Londoners felt that they got the short end of the stick when it came to refereeing decisions at the Etihad, and one of the more questionable non-decisions came in a foul from Yaya Toure on Olivier Giroud.
Yaya Toure was guilty of a bad mistimed tackle on Arsenal’s forward as Giroud nudged the ball past the Ivorian only for the Frenchman to be taken out by a high boot grating down his left leg.
The commentators simply said Giroud “collided with” Yaya Toure’s boot.
Another interpretation was that Toure’s tackle was high, late and reckless, and the bone-breaking potential of the challenge should have produced a red card. In actuality, Toure escaped without even a booking.
See how Man City’s Yay Toure got away with a terrible foul on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud below.
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere refuses to put time scale on injury return (Video)
- Fan calls for ex-Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro to solve Gunners injury problems (Arsenal Fan TV Video)
- CL round-up video: Alexis Sanchez skills for Arsenal & Willian free-kick for Chelsea
- Arsene Wenger invites a journalist on a night out to see how he spends money, cue the jokes [Tweets]
- Robinho speaks about his Manchester City spell in new feature-length interview (Video)
- Uefa 2015 Team of the Year nominees released, only includes one player from Arsenal & Chelsea
- After dumping Marouane Fellaini, Playboy model dumps Man City teenager [Nieuwsblad]
- Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville dissect Man City 1 – Liverpool 4 (Video)