Man City’s Yaya Toure got away with a terrible foul on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud [Vine Video]
- December 15, 2013
Arsenal fans were unhappy with Match of the Day on Saturday night as the BBC’s flagship football show failed to highlight a flashpoint during Man City’s 6-3 win over the Gunners.
Fans of the north Londoners felt that they got the short end of the stick when it came to refereeing decisions at the Etihad, and one of the more questionable non-decisions came in a foul from Yaya Toure on Olivier Giroud.
Yaya Toure was guilty of a bad mistimed tackle on Arsenal’s forward as Giroud nudged the ball past the Ivorian only for the Frenchman to be taken out by a high boot grating down his left leg.
The commentators simply said Giroud “collided with” Yaya Toure’s boot.
Another interpretation was that Toure’s tackle was high, late and reckless, and the bone-breaking potential of the challenge should have produced a red card. In actuality, Toure escaped without even a booking.
See how Man City’s Yay Toure got away with a terrible foul on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud below.
- Nacho Monreal wears his shorts back to front at Arsenal Members Day , Cazorla loves it ...
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Come And Get Me, Arsene: Karim Benzema starts following Wengerland on Instagram
- Mesut Özil compares Cristiano Ronaldo with Arsenal’s star man – in English ...
- Fernando Llorente’s agent meets Arsenal officials to discuss potential £8.5m tran...
- Huge Community Shield Odds: 7/1 Chelsea, 9/1 Arsenal to win!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi