Man City’s 4 summer targets: Malaga’s Caballero, Arsenal’s Sagna, Porto’s Mangala & Roma’s Benatia [M.E.N]
- May 29, 2014
The Manchester Evening News have taken stock of Man City’s summer targets, and the local paper are reporting that the Citizens are chasing four signings before the start of the new campaign.
Interestingly, all of City’s supposed transfer targets relate to Manuel Pellegrini’s rearguard.
For the record, City only conceded 37 goals in their triumphant Premier League campaign last season, whilst Chelsea were the only side to let in fewer goals (27).
According to the Manchester Evening News, “the Chilean identified four positions that need acquisitions. They are goalkeeper, right back, central defender and central midfield.”
The four players listed are Malaga goalie Willy Caballero, Arsenal right-back Bacary Sagna, Porto centre-back Eliaquim Mangala, and Roma’s Mehdi Benatia.
Of the four deals, Sagna’s looks most likely to come to fruition, whilst the other target are less certain to happen.
Willy Caballero, 32, is said to be on Barcelona’s radar also, Eliaquim Mangala pay prove too pricey, while Mehdi Benatia is also sought after by many.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]