- Arsenal fan praises Tomas Rosicky and calls Alexis Sanchez ‘unreal’ [Video]
- Jorge Mendes: ‘Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest ever, there’s such a gulf between him and 2nd best’ [Globo]
- Harry Redknapp post-Arsenal: ‘It was a clear penalty from Gibbs on Bobby Zamora’ [Video]
- Sami Khedira is hoping to reach an agreement for a new contract at Real Madrid
- Arsenal fan lays into Olivier Giroud for ‘brainless’ sending off v QPR [Video]
Man City’s 4 summer targets: Malaga’s Caballero, Arsenal’s Sagna, Porto’s Mangala & Roma’s Benatia [M.E.N]
The Manchester Evening News have taken stock of Man City’s summer targets, and the local paper are reporting that the Citizens are chasing four signings before the start of the new campaign.
Interestingly, all of City’s supposed transfer targets relate to Manuel Pellegrini’s rearguard.
For the record, City only conceded 37 goals in their triumphant Premier League campaign last season, whilst Chelsea were the only side to let in fewer goals (27).
According to the Manchester Evening News, “the Chilean identified four positions that need acquisitions. They are goalkeeper, right back, central defender and central midfield.”
The four players listed are Malaga goalie Willy Caballero, Arsenal right-back Bacary Sagna, Porto centre-back Eliaquim Mangala, and Roma’s Mehdi Benatia.
Of the four deals, Sagna’s looks most likely to come to fruition, whilst the other target are less certain to happen.
Willy Caballero, 32, is said to be on Barcelona’s radar also, Eliaquim Mangala pay prove too pricey, while Mehdi Benatia is also sought after by many.
- Updated: May 29, 2014