Man City’s Alvaro Negredo nearly scores brilliant overhead kick for Spain v Georgia
- October 16, 2013
Spain’s two international victories over Belarus and Georgia, securing the world champions their spot in Brazil, were a major personal triumph for Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo.
Two goals in two games for Negredo appear to have secured the former Sevilla striker the number 9 spot in the Spain squad, for the time being at least.
For both club and country, Negredo has four goals in four games and Vicente Del Bosque was somewhat complimentary after the victory over Georgia.
The Spanish boss said: “Negredo is a forward who plays less than his capacity. He has a lot of untapped potential.”
There will likely be plenty of speculation over who will lead the line for Spain at Brazil 2014 and Negeredo’s most likely challenger is Diego Costa, the Atletico Madrid striker weighing up whether to play for the World Cup hosts or La Furia Roja.
Before Negredo did get on the scoresheet against Georgia he produced an excellent overhead kick from just inside the area that was spectacularly saved by goalkeeper Giorgi Loria.
- Rodrigo De Paul hit a sublime cross for Alvaro Negredo’s goal versus Granada [Video]
- Young Valencia fan with cerebral palsy meets his hero Alvaro Negredo [Video]
- Man City boss Pellegrini on Wilfried Bony link: ‘We are working to replace Alvaro...
- Alvaro Negredo scores impossible goal in Valencia training pre Real Madrid match
- Man City’s Stevan Jovetic a big doubt for Arsenal game; Pulls out of Montenegro s...
- Manchester City loanee Alvaro Negredo presented at Valencia in front of 15,000 fans [Vi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi