Man City’s Alvaro Negredo nearly scores brilliant overhead kick for Spain v Georgia
- October 16, 2013
Spain’s two international victories over Belarus and Georgia, securing the world champions their spot in Brazil, were a major personal triumph for Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo.
Two goals in two games for Negredo appear to have secured the former Sevilla striker the number 9 spot in the Spain squad, for the time being at least.
For both club and country, Negredo has four goals in four games and Vicente Del Bosque was somewhat complimentary after the victory over Georgia.
The Spanish boss said: “Negredo is a forward who plays less than his capacity. He has a lot of untapped potential.”
There will likely be plenty of speculation over who will lead the line for Spain at Brazil 2014 and Negeredo’s most likely challenger is Diego Costa, the Atletico Madrid striker weighing up whether to play for the World Cup hosts or La Furia Roja.
Before Negredo did get on the scoresheet against Georgia he produced an excellent overhead kick from just inside the area that was spectacularly saved by goalkeeper Giorgi Loria.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...