Man City target Real Madrid’s Pepe after Eliaquim Mangala rejects move [Star on Sunday]
Pepe and Martin Demichelis may play together at centre half for Premier League champions Manchester City next season, if the Star on Sunday know what they’re talking about.
The headline story on their backpage splash links Man City with a move for Pepe.
The 31-year-old Portuguese hot-head is said to be on City’s viewfinder after Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala rejected a move to the Etihad.
Although Pepe comes with a bad reputation, the experienced Champions League winning defender would undoubtedly provide well-equipped cover at the heart of City’s defence during what will surely be a long 2014-15 campaign.
The Pepe story on the backpage of the tabloid follows up the big lead in the Star linking Paul Pogba with a return to Man United.
Watch Live Stream
- Celtic v Man City: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 28, 2016
- Italian press tip an ex-Man City boss to become the new England managerSeptember 28, 2016
- Chelsea & Liverpool stars battle Kevin De Bruyne & Michail Antonio for a Premier League awardSeptember 27, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne’s injury may trigger a special coming together for the Hazard brothers [HLN]September 26, 2016
- Real Madrid stars spotted discussing Keylor Navas’ error at half time of Dortmund match (video)September 28, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo accused of kicking out at Marcel Schmelzer [Tweets]September 28, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo needed a cameraman to confirm he was offside v Borussia Dortmund (Video)September 28, 2016
- Luca Zidane concedes goal against Dortmund after dribbling adventure goes wrong (Video)September 27, 2016