Man City target Real Madrid’s Pepe after Eliaquim Mangala rejects move [Star on Sunday]
Pepe and Martin Demichelis may play together at centre half for Premier League champions Manchester City next season, if the Star on Sunday know what they’re talking about.
The headline story on their backpage splash links Man City with a move for Pepe.
The 31-year-old Portuguese hot-head is said to be on City’s viewfinder after Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala rejected a move to the Etihad.
Although Pepe comes with a bad reputation, the experienced Champions League winning defender would undoubtedly provide well-equipped cover at the heart of City’s defence during what will surely be a long 2014-15 campaign.
The Pepe story on the backpage of the tabloid follows up the big lead in the Star linking Paul Pogba with a return to Man United.
Watch Live Stream
- A Chelsea legend convinced Eric Bailly to reject Man City to work with Jose Mourinho [Times]July 31, 2016
- Paul Pogba to Man United & John Stones to Man City are virtually done deals (BBC Audio)July 30, 2016
- Awesome: Pep Guardiola surprises more Man City fans in a taxi (Video)July 29, 2016
- Gabriel Jesus admits that a deal is done with Manchester City [Fox Sports Brazil]July 28, 2016
- Eden Hazard suggests he may play as a striker for Chelsea this season (video)July 31, 2016
- Eden Hazard sparkles for Chelsea with a double v Real Madrid (Videos)July 30, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Marcelo scored a screamer v Chelsea (Video)July 30, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane gives son Enzo his Real Madrid debut v PSG (Video)July 28, 2016