Man City target Real Madrid’s Pepe after Eliaquim Mangala rejects move [Star on Sunday]
Pepe and Martin Demichelis may play together at centre half for Premier League champions Manchester City next season, if the Star on Sunday know what they’re talking about.
The headline story on their backpage splash links Man City with a move for Pepe.
The 31-year-old Portuguese hot-head is said to be on City’s viewfinder after Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala rejected a move to the Etihad.
Although Pepe comes with a bad reputation, the experienced Champions League winning defender would undoubtedly provide well-equipped cover at the heart of City’s defence during what will surely be a long 2014-15 campaign.
The Pepe story on the backpage of the tabloid follows up the big lead in the Star linking Paul Pogba with a return to Man United.
Watch Live Stream
- Watch Willian’s goal for Chelsea at Man City from the perfect angle (video)December 6, 2016
- Atletico Madrid are making serious money from Sergio Aguero’s success at Man CityDecember 6, 2016
- Man City v Celtic: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016
- Sergio Aguero hit with a four game ban for horror tackle on David LuizDecember 5, 2016
- Pepe and Fabio Coentrao sold their image rights for €1 to company in PanamaDecember 6, 2016
- Too far? Jordi Alba faces backlash for trolling Mateo Kovacic during El ClasicoDecember 6, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Luka Modric accused of hiding money in LuxembourgDecember 6, 2016
- Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016