Man City target Real Madrid’s Pepe after Eliaquim Mangala rejects move [Star on Sunday]
Pepe and Martin Demichelis may play together at centre half for Premier League champions Manchester City next season, if the Star on Sunday know what they’re talking about.
The headline story on their backpage splash links Man City with a move for Pepe.
The 31-year-old Portuguese hot-head is said to be on City’s viewfinder after Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala rejected a move to the Etihad.
Although Pepe comes with a bad reputation, the experienced Champions League winning defender would undoubtedly provide well-equipped cover at the heart of City’s defence during what will surely be a long 2014-15 campaign.
The Pepe story on the backpage of the tabloid follows up the big lead in the Star linking Paul Pogba with a return to Man United.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal & Man City stars included in the top defenders in world football [France Football]October 28, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s performance improves after a change of football boots v Man CityOctober 27, 2016
- Shaun Goater backs Man City to bounce back from recent troubles [Tweet]October 27, 2016
- Why Jose Mourinho & Pep Guardiola seemed so happy pre Man United v Man CityOctober 27, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo has high praise for Man United boss Jose MourinhoOctober 28, 2016
- A huge club ‘tried to hire Pep Guardiola’ in NovemberOctober 27, 2016
- Ronaldo makes confession about famous Compostela goal that will anger Barcelona fansOctober 27, 2016
- Nacho’s wonder strike has Gareth Bale working on his technique [Instagram]October 27, 2016