- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Man City target Real Madrid’s Pepe after Eliaquim Mangala rejects move [Star on Sunday]
Pepe and Martin Demichelis may play together at centre half for Premier League champions Manchester City next season, if the Star on Sunday know what they’re talking about.
The headline story on their backpage splash links Man City with a move for Pepe.
The 31-year-old Portuguese hot-head is said to be on City’s viewfinder after Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala rejected a move to the Etihad.
Although Pepe comes with a bad reputation, the experienced Champions League winning defender would undoubtedly provide well-equipped cover at the heart of City’s defence during what will surely be a long 2014-15 campaign.
The Pepe story on the backpage of the tabloid follows up the big lead in the Star linking Paul Pogba with a return to Man United.
- Updated: June 7, 2014