Man City target Real Madrid’s Pepe after Eliaquim Mangala rejects move [Star on Sunday]
- June 7, 2014
Pepe and Martin Demichelis may play together at centre half for Premier League champions Manchester City next season, if the Star on Sunday know what they’re talking about.
The headline story on their backpage splash links Man City with a move for Pepe.
The 31-year-old Portuguese hot-head is said to be on City’s viewfinder after Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala rejected a move to the Etihad.
Although Pepe comes with a bad reputation, the experienced Champions League winning defender would undoubtedly provide well-equipped cover at the heart of City’s defence during what will surely be a long 2014-15 campaign.
The Pepe story on the backpage of the tabloid follows up the big lead in the Star linking Paul Pogba with a return to Man United.
- Kevin De Bruyne arrives at Manchester Airport ahead of £54m transfer to City from Wolfs...
- Wolfsburg confirm that Kevin De Bruyne is moving to Manchester City
- Manuel Pellegrini didn’t know Manchester City were selling Marco ‘Rony̵...
- Fernandinho asked most ridiculous question in ever in Manchester City fan Q&A (Video)
- Manchester City contradict Manuel Pellegrini by selling Marcos Lopes to Monaco
- Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini remains tight-lipped on Kevin De Bruyne deal (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...