Man City striker Alvaro Negredo now an unlikely Real Madrid target [Marca]
- July 20, 2014
Marca link Real Madrid with a surprise move for Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo today, after Alvaro Morata joined Juventus.
Surprisingly, having sold Gonzalo Higuain and Morata in successive summers, Real Madrid are now left with only one “number 9″ in Karim Benzema.
Morata has now been linked as a very capable back-up striker to Benzema, and of course he knows La Liga very well having joined City from Sevilla.
Whilst Marca speculate that Negredo could be keen on a move to Real Madrid, but City will not sell for less than 30 million euros.
Atletico Madrid tried to sign Negredo earlier this summer but were put off by the transfer fee and instead turned to Mario Mandzukic as their man to replace Diego Costa.
Despite struggling at the back end of last season, Negredo is keen to remain at Manchester City and recently told the Premier League champions’ in-house TV channel that he wants to stay at the Etihad.
In truth, this feels like some sort of Real Madrid ploy to show interest in Negredo, with the intention of perhaps lowering the fee of the true back-up striker (perhaps Radamel Falcao?), who Los Blancos really are after.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...