- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Man City striker Alvaro Negredo now an unlikely Real Madrid target [Marca]
Marca link Real Madrid with a surprise move for Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo today, after Alvaro Morata joined Juventus.
Surprisingly, having sold Gonzalo Higuain and Morata in successive summers, Real Madrid are now left with only one “number 9″ in Karim Benzema.
Morata has now been linked as a very capable back-up striker to Benzema, and of course he knows La Liga very well having joined City from Sevilla.
Whilst Marca speculate that Negredo could be keen on a move to Real Madrid, but City will not sell for less than 30 million euros.
Atletico Madrid tried to sign Negredo earlier this summer but were put off by the transfer fee and instead turned to Mario Mandzukic as their man to replace Diego Costa.
Despite struggling at the back end of last season, Negredo is keen to remain at Manchester City and recently told the Premier League champions’ in-house TV channel that he wants to stay at the Etihad.
In truth, this feels like some sort of Real Madrid ploy to show interest in Negredo, with the intention of perhaps lowering the fee of the true back-up striker (perhaps Radamel Falcao?), who Los Blancos really are after.
- Updated: July 20, 2014