Man City striker Alvaro Negredo fractures metatarsal – out for 2/3 months [Marca]
- July 21, 2014
Premier League champions Manchester City have been dealt an injury blow in pre-season with Marca reporting on Monday that Alvaro Negredo will miss at least the first two months of the 2014/2015 season.
Negredo has fractured the fifth metatarsal in his right foot and will now be out for two to three months.
The injury occurred in last Friday’s 2-1 friendly win over Hearts.
This comes as a blow to the Spanish striker who lost his place in the Manchester City side at the end of last season and was keen to win a spot back in Manuel Pellegrini’s starting XI.
Yesterday, Real Madrid were linked with a move for Negredo but it would seem very unlikely that the former Sevilla striker is going anywhere during the summer transfer window.
At City, this could offer an opportunity to John Guidetti or Stevan Jovetic but it looks likely that the Premier League champions will be relying on Edin Dzeko, as they did at the back end of last season.
Sergio Aguero struggled with injury throughout 2013/2014 and during the World Cup where he barely made any impact despite Argentina reaching the final.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]