Man City striker Alvaro Negredo fractures metatarsal – out for 2/3 months [Marca]
Premier League champions Manchester City have been dealt an injury blow in pre-season with Marca reporting on Monday that Alvaro Negredo will miss at least the first two months of the 2014/2015 season.
Negredo has fractured the fifth metatarsal in his right foot and will now be out for two to three months.
The injury occurred in last Friday’s 2-1 friendly win over Hearts.
This comes as a blow to the Spanish striker who lost his place in the Manchester City side at the end of last season and was keen to win a spot back in Manuel Pellegrini’s starting XI.
Yesterday, Real Madrid were linked with a move for Negredo but it would seem very unlikely that the former Sevilla striker is going anywhere during the summer transfer window.
At City, this could offer an opportunity to John Guidetti or Stevan Jovetic but it looks likely that the Premier League champions will be relying on Edin Dzeko, as they did at the back end of last season.
Sergio Aguero struggled with injury throughout 2013/2014 and during the World Cup where he barely made any impact despite Argentina reaching the final.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & Middlesbrough stars picked in Gazzetta dello Sport’s European XI of the WeekNovember 28, 2016
- Alvaro Negredo scores classy goal on his Middlesbrough debut (Video)July 24, 2016
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is speaking to Alvaro Morata on a daily basis [Marca]July 19, 2016
- Gary Neville was pretty indecisive about bringing Alvaro Negredo off the bench (Video)March 8, 2016
- Man City v Chelsea is the game of the weekend and here’s the stats previewDecember 2, 2016
- Chelsea boss Conte says letting Kevin De Bruyne go was a massive mistakeDecember 2, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man City v Chelsea & how to replace CoutinhoDecember 2, 2016
- Man City v Chelsea: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 1, 2016