Man City set for Deadline Day £35m double swoop for Porto’s Mangala & Fernando [Mail & Mirror]
Having remained silent for so long, Man City could be about to finally drop their poker face and show their deadline day hand.
In a Portuguese raid reminiscent of rivals United’s double swoop for Nani and Anderson in 2009, both the Daily Mail and Mirror claim that Manchester City are in talks over a £35million deal to bring in FC Porto centre half Eliaquim Mangala and United target Fernando.
While acquiring the services of both players by close of business tomorrow seems implausible at this stage, City are believe to be confident of reaching an agreement with Porto for at least one of the players, with the other then joining in the summer.
With Porto no longer in their position of strong-seller and in need of a cash injection, the Mail believe City to be more than content with the combined £35 million asking price for such a pair with such potential for progression.
The Mail add that should City land Mangala, then Joleon Lescott would move on to the Hammers in search of game time.
The only question is – how would either of these players get a look-in in the all-conquering current City side?!
Watch Live Stream
- Man United v Man City: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016
- Ilkay Gundogan gets a birthday cake from Man City fan, Yaya Toure won’t be happy [Tweet]October 24, 2016
- Guardiola locks Man City players in dressing room for 45 minutes after draw against SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016
- Pep Guardiola refuses to blame John Stones after 1-1 draw with Southampton (Video)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016