Man City set for Deadline Day £35m double swoop for Porto’s Mangala & Fernando [Mail & Mirror]
Having remained silent for so long, Man City could be about to finally drop their poker face and show their deadline day hand.
In a Portuguese raid reminiscent of rivals United’s double swoop for Nani and Anderson in 2009, both the Daily Mail and Mirror claim that Manchester City are in talks over a £35million deal to bring in FC Porto centre half Eliaquim Mangala and United target Fernando.
While acquiring the services of both players by close of business tomorrow seems implausible at this stage, City are believe to be confident of reaching an agreement with Porto for at least one of the players, with the other then joining in the summer.
With Porto no longer in their position of strong-seller and in need of a cash injection, the Mail believe City to be more than content with the combined £35 million asking price for such a pair with such potential for progression.
The Mail add that should City land Mangala, then Joleon Lescott would move on to the Hammers in search of game time.
The only question is – how would either of these players get a look-in in the all-conquering current City side?!
Watch Live Stream
- John Stones drug tested after Leicester 4 – Man City 2 (video)December 10, 2016
- Journalist asks Pep about Man City not winning a tackle in 35 mins v Leicester. He didn’t like it (Video)December 10, 2016
- It’s not all Pep’s fault: Man City’s defensive signings over last 7 years are awfulDecember 10, 2016
- Jamie Carragher & the internet lay into Pep Guardiola & the Man City defenceDecember 10, 2016
- Iker Casillas is back to his best as he takes a Champions League record away from XaviDecember 8, 2016
- Man United keen on €60m Porto striker Andre Silva [Daily Record]November 15, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016