Man City set for Deadline Day £35m double swoop for Porto’s Mangala & Fernando [Mail & Mirror]
Having remained silent for so long, Man City could be about to finally drop their poker face and show their deadline day hand.
In a Portuguese raid reminiscent of rivals United’s double swoop for Nani and Anderson in 2009, both the Daily Mail and Mirror claim that Manchester City are in talks over a £35million deal to bring in FC Porto centre half Eliaquim Mangala and United target Fernando.
While acquiring the services of both players by close of business tomorrow seems implausible at this stage, City are believe to be confident of reaching an agreement with Porto for at least one of the players, with the other then joining in the summer.
With Porto no longer in their position of strong-seller and in need of a cash injection, the Mail believe City to be more than content with the combined £35 million asking price for such a pair with such potential for progression.
The Mail add that should City land Mangala, then Joleon Lescott would move on to the Hammers in search of game time.
The only question is – how would either of these players get a look-in in the all-conquering current City side?!
Watch Live Stream
- Man City keeper Joe Hart makes unbelievable stop in England training (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Man United & Man City to fight it out for £45m rated John Stones [M.E.N]May 25th, 2016
- Martin Demichelis picks more Man United than Man City players in dream 5-a-side team (Video)May 25th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante rejects new Leicester deal, Arsenal remain favourites [La Parisien]May 25th, 2016
- Liverpool “very close” to completing €60m deal for Porto star Yacine Brahimi [A Bola]May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal scouts spotted at Porto looking at a defensive midfielder [O Jogo]May 1st, 2016
- FC Porto reject a bid from Arsenal for a midfielder [Correio da Manha]April 13th, 2016
- Porto: El Confidencial’s source on Iker Casillas rumours died years agoMarch 17th, 2016