Man City set for Deadline Day £35m double swoop for Porto’s Mangala & Fernando [Mail & Mirror]
- January 30, 2014
Having remained silent for so long, Man City could be about to finally drop their poker face and show their deadline day hand.
In a Portuguese raid reminiscent of rivals United’s double swoop for Nani and Anderson in 2009, both the Daily Mail and Mirror claim that Manchester City are in talks over a £35million deal to bring in FC Porto centre half Eliaquim Mangala and United target Fernando.
While acquiring the services of both players by close of business tomorrow seems implausible at this stage, City are believe to be confident of reaching an agreement with Porto for at least one of the players, with the other then joining in the summer.
With Porto no longer in their position of strong-seller and in need of a cash injection, the Mail believe City to be more than content with the combined £35 million asking price for such a pair with such potential for progression.
The Mail add that should City land Mangala, then Joleon Lescott would move on to the Hammers in search of game time.
The only question is – how would either of these players get a look-in in the all-conquering current City side?!
- Wrexham FC produce awesome Mortal Kombat themed video in Javan Vidal tribute (Video)
- Man City agree to sell Edin Dzeko to Roma for €23m [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Ex-Chelsea & Man City midfielder Frank Lampard makes his MLS debut (Videos)
- Stuttgart blitz Man City in 1st half; Pellegrini’s side recover to lose 4-2 (Offi...
- Respect: Manchester City fan gets United tattoo for charity
- Guardian 2015-16 Preview: Can Manchester City win their title back? (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi