Man City set for Deadline Day £35m double swoop for Porto’s Mangala & Fernando [Mail & Mirror]
Having remained silent for so long, Man City could be about to finally drop their poker face and show their deadline day hand.
In a Portuguese raid reminiscent of rivals United’s double swoop for Nani and Anderson in 2009, both the Daily Mail and Mirror claim that Manchester City are in talks over a £35million deal to bring in FC Porto centre half Eliaquim Mangala and United target Fernando.
While acquiring the services of both players by close of business tomorrow seems implausible at this stage, City are believe to be confident of reaching an agreement with Porto for at least one of the players, with the other then joining in the summer.
With Porto no longer in their position of strong-seller and in need of a cash injection, the Mail believe City to be more than content with the combined £35 million asking price for such a pair with such potential for progression.
The Mail add that should City land Mangala, then Joleon Lescott would move on to the Hammers in search of game time.
The only question is – how would either of these players get a look-in in the all-conquering current City side?!
Watch Live Stream
- Joe Hart starts as captain for Man City but poster of him outside Etihad has vanishedAugust 24, 2016
- Man City v Steaua Bucharest: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 24, 2016
- Slaven Bilic confirms West Ham are chasing a Man City strikerAugust 24, 2016
- Eliaquim Mangala’s Man City departure should see Chelsea finally land a defender [Times]August 24, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes horrendous howler in 3-0 Roma UCL defeat (Video)August 23, 2016
- Everton overtake Arsenal in the race for an Algerian winger [Record]August 22, 2016
- Arsenal target another Algerian after missing out on Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez [Mirror]August 21, 2016
- PSV destroy Porto with champagne football en route to stunning team goal (Video)July 21, 2016