- Pep Guardiola after Bayern 4 – Hoffenheim 0: We didn’t play all that well!
- Legend! Puebla’s Cuauhtemoc Blanco (41) scores a free-kick & penalty in a 3-3 draw v Santos [Videos]
- Arsene Wenger post United defeat: We dominated, De Gea was man of the match!
- LVG presser post Arsenal 1 – Man United 2: Credits De Gea, McNair & Blackett
- Happy Basti, Happy Berni! Schweini celebrates Bayern return fighting with club mascot [Vine]
Man City plot a £40m world-record bid for Bayern Munich goalie Manuel Neuer [Sunday Express]
The Sunday Express have a fanciful tale on the backpage of their Sunday edition.
England’s number one Joe Hart was once against on the bench during Man City’s 1-1 draw at Southampton as Costel Pantilimon remained the first choice in goal, however according to the Express, Manuel Pellegrini is looking for a new goalie option although.
Hack James Desborough vomited three paragraphs with no quotes or other substantiating evidence on the backpage of the tabloid, saying:
Manchester City are plotting a world record-breaking transfer move for German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
City boss Manuel Pellegrini feel his side can secure Neuer – seen as the best keeper in world football.
City owners would have to part with a minimum of £40million to secure the 6ft 4in Bayern Munich star. Insiders say he wll will be offered a weekly wage of £105,000, which would make him the highest-paid stopper in football. It is likely City will make their move in the next 12 months.
So, who is holding their breathe then?
The backpage of the Sunday Express is below.
- Updated: December 7, 2013