- Xabi Alonso is already giving interviews in German to Bayern TV, after 2 months of classes [Video]
- FC Barcelona will not renew Qatar sponsorship deal due to terror financing concerns
- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
Man City open talks with Edin Dzeko on a new deal as Inter Milan circle [Manchester Evening News]
All of a sudden Edin Dzeko is in big demand.
For several weeks, if not months, Man City’s Bosnian striker has been linked with a possible move from the Etihad Stadium to the San Siro this summer as Inter Milan have made it known that Dzeko is on their wish-list.
Inter’s owner Erick Thohir has previously spoken about a possible move for Dzeko this summer, but now Man City have bitten back by opening contract talks with their centre-forward.
According to the Manchester Evening News, “the Bosnian is entering the last year of his current contract this summer and Manuel Pellegrini is eager to tie him to the club.”
Unfortunately the Manchester Evening News fail to lay out any of the potential details of a possible renewed deal for the 28-year-old attacker.
Dzeko has scored 21 goals in 43 appearance for City this campaign: being his prolific season since moving from Wolfsburg for £27m back in 2011.
- Updated: April 18, 2014