Man City’s mistake sacking Mancini, Bobby Manc said Navas couldn’t hit a barn door [Sky’s Sunday Supplement]
- September 22, 2013
The panel on Sky Sports’ Sunday Supplement on Sunday had their claws out for Manchester City in their analysis of Manuel Pellegrini’s start to life at the Etihad.
Neil Custis lead the charge against the Chilean, saying that Manchester City’s decision to sack Roberto Mancini was a mistake.
Dillion said Mancini was able to convert expectations into trophies, adding that the Italian instilled “electricity” to City. Custis went on to say:
I’d told Pellegrini is a lovely bloke… but up until they played Poznan the other night they were poor… But it’s still early days. You can’t judge the bloke. You can’t be hard on the bloke. But I genuinely believe they have a mistake in getting rid of Mancini.
Later in the discussion Custis relayed his knowledge of Mancini’s thoughts on new Man City signing Jesus Navas.
Mancini looked at Navas and said he’s got plenty of crosses and few of them turn into goals, and he couldn’t hit a barn door himself when it came to shooting from in front of goal.
At Sevilla, Navas played 280 La Liga games and he bagged 60 assists.
Watch the Sunday Supplement debate on Manchester City below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...