Man City’s mistake sacking Mancini, Bobby Manc said Navas couldn’t hit a barn door [Sky’s Sunday Supplement]
- September 22, 2013
The panel on Sky Sports’ Sunday Supplement on Sunday had their claws out for Manchester City in their analysis of Manuel Pellegrini’s start to life at the Etihad.
Neil Custis lead the charge against the Chilean, saying that Manchester City’s decision to sack Roberto Mancini was a mistake.
Dillion said Mancini was able to convert expectations into trophies, adding that the Italian instilled “electricity” to City. Custis went on to say:
I’d told Pellegrini is a lovely bloke… but up until they played Poznan the other night they were poor… But it’s still early days. You can’t judge the bloke. You can’t be hard on the bloke. But I genuinely believe they have a mistake in getting rid of Mancini.
Later in the discussion Custis relayed his knowledge of Mancini’s thoughts on new Man City signing Jesus Navas.
Mancini looked at Navas and said he’s got plenty of crosses and few of them turn into goals, and he couldn’t hit a barn door himself when it came to shooting from in front of goal.
At Sevilla, Navas played 280 La Liga games and he bagged 60 assists.
Watch the Sunday Supplement debate on Manchester City below.
- Man City’s Jesus Navas gives generic ‘We lost’ interview after derby ...
- Jesus Navas scored a solo screamer in Manchester City’s 7-0 win v Sheffiled Wedne...
- Man City run #AskJesus Q&A with Navas on Twitter, hilarity ensues
- Del Bosque explains omission of Jesus Navas & inclusion of Fernando Torres in Spai...
- 3-1: Jeuss Navas (Manchester City) v Sunderland [Vine]
- NUTS! Jesus Navas dribbles 3 Barcelona players, finishes with panna on Busquets (Man Ci...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi