Man City’s mistake sacking Mancini, Bobby Manc said Navas couldn’t hit a barn door [Sky’s Sunday Supplement]
The panel on Sky Sports’ Sunday Supplement on Sunday had their claws out for Manchester City in their analysis of Manuel Pellegrini’s start to life at the Etihad.
Neil Custis lead the charge against the Chilean, saying that Manchester City’s decision to sack Roberto Mancini was a mistake.
Dillion said Mancini was able to convert expectations into trophies, adding that the Italian instilled “electricity” to City. Custis went on to say:
I’d told Pellegrini is a lovely bloke… but up until they played Poznan the other night they were poor… But it’s still early days. You can’t judge the bloke. You can’t be hard on the bloke. But I genuinely believe they have a mistake in getting rid of Mancini.
Later in the discussion Custis relayed his knowledge of Mancini’s thoughts on new Man City signing Jesus Navas.
Mancini looked at Navas and said he’s got plenty of crosses and few of them turn into goals, and he couldn’t hit a barn door himself when it came to shooting from in front of goal.
At Sevilla, Navas played 280 La Liga games and he bagged 60 assists.
Watch the Sunday Supplement debate on Manchester City below.
Watch Live Stream
- Jesus Navas picks 1 Man City team mate in his best 5-a-side team (Video)February 18, 2016
- Man City fans screamed at Jesus Navas for a terrible cross v West Ham (Fan Cam Video)September 19, 2015
- Man City’s Jesus Navas gives generic ‘We lost’ interview after derby defeat to United [Video]April 12, 2015
- Jesus Navas scored a solo screamer in Manchester City’s 7-0 win v Sheffiled Wednesday [Vine]September 25, 2014
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne is injured, will miss Man United gameOctober 25, 2016
- Rap Battle: Pep Guardiola vs Jose Mourinho (video)October 25, 2016
- Man United v Man City: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016
- Ilkay Gundogan gets a birthday cake from Man City fan, Yaya Toure won’t be happy [Tweet]October 24, 2016
- Roberto Mancini praises Mario Balotelli but says he must get 20 goals this season [L’Equipe]October 13, 2016
- West Ham line up replacements for Slaven Bilic, includes a former Man City winner [Express]October 2, 2016
- Italian press tip an ex-Man City boss to become the new England managerSeptember 28, 2016
- Roberto Mancini claims Ruud Gullit is envious of his coaching career [Radio Incontro Olympia]September 6, 2016